Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find the comment in the old thread regarding the 200~$ (330CAD) intercooler on eBay. It came to be said it was more or less a clone of the mishimotos I believe!
Does anybody know what size screws in needs?
I remember it being an m4 (don’t know the length) and possibly and m6 (also no clue on length)

Help appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That’s all I need for the install (outside of the obvious tools to take the bumper off)?
Yep, one bolt for the anti rattle mount and one for the pressure/temperature sensor on the intercooler.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine now installed and my tune is taking advantage of this. I had this fitted by my local ford dealer because they were so cheap, amazed. I asked him what he thought of the Intercooler and the tech advised that it is good quality. It certainly works well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine now installed and my tune is taking advantage of this. I had this fitted by my local ford dealer because they were so cheap, amazed. I asked him what he thought of the Intercooler and the tech advised that it is good quality. It certainly works well.
Top work. To get the most out of it I advise a retune. Also, let me know if you get any unusual knocking noises

·
Registered
290 Posts
Retune yes, but after I have done my resonator delete and downpipe.
I have not heard any knocking noises. Have you?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Cool. Well I have this knocking noise like a drop links gone but I've taken it to several garages as I can not see it and neither can they. I've had the sway bar tightend and the top of the struts adjusted one tech said he could deffo hear it but everything was good suspension wise. I thought it might be the intercooler install and it bouncing around as its not secured correctly. Im lost and its starting to get annoying.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Did it start directly after the Intercooler install?
If so who fitted it. Does it sound like something tumbling around.

·
Registered
421 Posts
No not directly
Only happens when you go over a over a mild bump like if you go over a lowered curb (I live off a dirt road so it noticeable)
And it sound exsactly like a drop link bushing is on its way out. I've had several garages check and even expalined that when the car is up on the ramps every thing is under tension so it maybe masking the problem. No ones found anything wrong. Frustrating

·
Registered
290 Posts
Did it start directly after the Intercooler install?
If so who fitted it. Does it sound like something tumbling around.
No not directly
Only happens when you go over a over a mild bump like if you go over a lowered curb (I live off a dirt road so it noticeable)
And it sound exsactly like a drop link bushing is on its way out. I've had several garages check and even expalined that when the car is up on the ramps every thing is under tension so it maybe masking the problem. No ones found anything wrong. Frustrating
It must be. The only item I could think of on the Intercooler was the fixing on the right hand side. It was only a screw. If it came loose the IC could bounce around. However I am sure you have checked the IC is firmly in place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can you share a link to the one you bought?

·
Registered
290 Posts
can you share a link to the one you bought?
This is the one I bought

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is the one I bought

1 - 19 of 19 Posts