Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about doing something about the very tame sound of my stock 2019. I want something that deepens the sound a bit, but it not intrusive when I'm driving, and does annoy my neighbors when I start the car. I do not want that crackle and pop sound I've heard on younger driver's cars.....heck, I'm 72 year old!:rolleyes: I'd estimate I'm looking for something around a 1 or 2 out of 5 when it goes to "aggressive sound". My wife has a BMW 440i, and we really like that sound.....my Mustang sounds like a 50cc Honda motorbike in comparison. <g>

This is the one that looks and sounds good, but that's only from a couple of sound bites on the internet:
MBRP Installer Series Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Y-Pipe - Street Version

Oh, I will have a local exhaust shop do the installation if/when I decide to do this. Any idea of how much time and money the typical place might charge? I figure 2 hours at what, about $80 an hour tops?

Thanks for your replies.
Doug

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have been thinking about doing something about the very tame sound of my stock 2019. I want something that deepens the sound a bit, but it not intrusive when I'm driving, and does annoy my neighbors when I start the car. I do not want that crackle and pop sound I've heard on younger driver's cars.....heck, I'm 72 year old!:rolleyes: I'd estimate I'm looking for something around a 1 or 2 out of 5 when it goes to "aggressive sound". My wife has a BMW 440i, and we really like that sound.....my Mustang sounds like a 50cc Honda motorbike in comparison. <g>

This is the one that looks and sounds good, but that's only from a couple of sound bites on the internet:
MBRP Installer Series Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Y-Pipe - Street Version

Oh, I will have a local exhaust shop do the installation if/when I decide to do this. Any idea of how much time and money the typical place might charge? I figure 2 hours at what, about $80 an hour tops?

Thanks for your replies.
Doug
I'm reposting this in the general section in hopes of getting a reply.......

·
Registered
85 Posts
Following..!
Have also been looking into the MBRP Street and Race Catbacks. I also don't want anything to sound too "ricey". These 2 seem like the best ones I've seen so far, especially when comparing sound to price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Following..!
Have also been looking into the MBRP Street and Race Catbacks. I also don't want anything to sound too "ricey". These 2 seem like the best ones I've seen so far, especially when comparing sound to price.
I am 95% sure I am going to order and have installed the MBRP "Installer street version". That's the less expensive "aluminized" version, not the stainless steel version. I drive my cars little, and our weather here (west TN) is fair compared to many states, so I do not need the stainless system. I typically put on 6k miles a year, as my cars are "my cars" and when my wife and I go somewhere it's usually in her car.

I figure installation will run under $200, and the installer system will be just under $600 the last time I checked. I am going to wait until after the holidays. I will post here my thought on what I've done after I've done that. I am hoping the exhaust note will be a bit "deeper" but not too loud. Super subjective I know.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I am 95% sure I am going to order and have installed the MBRP "Installer street version". That's the less expensive "aluminized" version, not the stainless steel version. I drive my cars little, and our weather here (west TN) is fair compared to many states, so I do not need the stainless system. I typically put on 6k miles a year, as my cars are "my cars" and when my wife and I go somewhere it's usually in her car.

I figure installation will run under $200, and the installer system will be just under $600 the last time I checked. I am going to wait until after the holidays. I will post here my thought on what I've done after I've done that. I am hoping the exhaust note will be a bit "deeper" but not too loud. Super subjective I know.
I've seen some dirt low prices for different MBRP flavors for "BlackFriday" on the LMR website

https://lmr.com/item/MBR-S7275AL/mbrp-mustang-inst-series-race-catback-3-exhaust-15-18-eco

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
41 Posts
A nice price, thanks for posting, but I already checked and saw that. It's for a 2017; mine's a 2019. That's about $100 less than the SS systems I;ve seen, too bad it's for an older model car. Dang.
I just pulled the trigger on the Street in stainless steel. It's good for 15'-20' models. I couldn't resist the black Friday discounts and picked it up at CJ Pony Parts. Being in NY, stainless is a good investment. I plan on installing it myself. I hope to give an update later in December

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just pulled the trigger on the Street in stainless steel. It's good for 15'-20' models. I couldn't resist the black Friday discounts and picked it up at CJ Pony Parts. Being in NY, stainless is a good investment. I plan on installing it myself. I hope to give an update later in December
Thanks. I am going to run through the retailers this morning and see if there are any bargains out there......CJ Pony Parts will be my first to check to see if the price is still valid. I'd take the SS version if the price were right, but the "installer" would be acceptable to me. We just returned from a long trip on Thursday so I was too busy to check prices....never figured exhaust systems would be discounted!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Follow on to my last......I ordered the MBRP S7274AL 3" Cat Back. System from Amazon just now. Good price. Now I have to find a place to install it....... hopefully I can get to that before Christmas; got a busy schedule like most of us this time of the year......and I am retired! ;)

·
Registered
986 Posts
CJPP and AM both have MBRP exhaust deals for Cyber Monday sales.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts