Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Texas Region SCCA is holding our Time Trials and Track Experience instruction school May 11, 2019.

If you are not yet Solo Qualified and want to run in future Time Trials, Track Experience is a great way to get qualified. The Track Experience instruction program provides an instructional environment for drivers who simply want learn or improve their driving skills and increase their enjoyment of driving their vehicle. True to the “run what ya brung” adage, all it takes to be a part is your street car, a valid license and a helmet.

TE events are about you, the driver. Plenty of seat time, plenty of individual instruction and a ton of driving exercises make up a Track Experience; all of which is designed to educate you and make you more confident behind the wheel, both on the track and on the street.

Participants receive a solid blend of driving instruction, ranging from the classroom to in-car training to “follow me” drills. A wide range of topics are discussed and shown at a TE, including: following a “racing line”, passing zones, Safe Track techniques and other general driving skills. Of course, each driver receives feedback from his or her instructor at the end of each lesson.

Time Trials MSR Cresson

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Yes! Signed up for an instructor! (because sadly, the only track time I've gotten is with TNiA.)

Reactions: ZStang

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am doing the trials. I've been asked to instruct ... not so sure of that yet.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
I could see both participating in the time trial and instructing at the same time being really rough.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
AND... I've booked the last available room at the Scottish Inn for that Friday night...

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I usually get in at the "butt crack o' dawn," I may come down the night before and stay in the "Bob Mahal."

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
Was watching video from Cresson Time Trials in January and found this in the footage from a very fast BRZ driver:

upload_2019-4-10_6-6-42.png

#19 giving the point by!

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
I usually get in at the "butt crack o' dawn," I may come down the night before and stay in the "Bob Mahal."
My choice was coming in the night before or leaving my house at 4am just to get there on time and having a really long day.

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was watching video from Cresson Time Trials in January and found this in the footage from a very fast BRZ driver:
That'd be Sam. He and I have a long (good) history.
He's been my instructor in the past, and he's really quick. I have some footage from that same event when he passed me (with the point), and then proceeded to loop right in front of me. He does run that car on the ragged edge sometimes.

Last event, I pulled off to get out of traffic, (you'll learn that in school) -- pulled back on and proceeded to have my best lap. Glanced in my mirror and there was Sam. I knew I should have given him the point, but since I was on my flier I said "hell no." Got my best lap of the day (and a 2nd place in class). Went over to Sam's place in paddock and went to apologize to him for not letting him pass. He laughed and said that he also had his fastest lap on that same one.

It is great times.

Reactions: zhent

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My choice was coming in the night before or leaving my house at 4am just to get there on time and having a really long day.
I hear you. I need to be there by 6am to get the car prepped, cameras set, track apps loaded and all before driver's meeting at 7.
Instructors generally go out first, then the TT group while the "Green" group has it's first classroom.

I may head out from work -- will have to talk to Bob and see if he's got a spare bunk.

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
So @Squid reassure me that this will run rain or shine...

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutely. We'll be out there no matter the weather (unless the corner workers are getting zapped with lightning)

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The obligatory stop at Buc-ee's on the way to the track.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZStang

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At least the morning is going to be very wet. Good luck to you Ted, hope you enjoy the rain!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,355 Posts
And sadly... We got rained out... Water on the track..

·
Super Moderator
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just a little

1 - 16 of 16 Posts