Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

TNiA - MSR Cresson -- April 10th

5K views 39 replies 3 participants last post by  zhent 
#1 ·
Date: April 10, 2018, 02:30 PM - 08:00 PM CDT
Address: 9012 Performance Court, Cresson, TX, 76035
Home Version 11

A Country Club for motoring enthusiasts – including sports cars, race cars, and motorcycles. Established in 1996, the Ranch introduced and pioneered this new concept. Just as a golf country club centers its activities around a golf course, this club centers around a purpose-built road racing course. Two courses, actually, as a second road course has been added to the facility.

PRICING
Advanced, Intermediate and Novice groups: $150
Track Tour Laps and Spectating: FREE!

TRACK SPECFIC RULES
  • Sound limit of 103 decibels 50 feet from the track edge will be in force at all times.
  • All trucks and SUV's will be limited to paced/parade lap sessions only.

EVENT SCHEDULE

2:30PM- Gates Open

3:00PM- Worker Meeting (includes Run/Work participants)

3:15PM - MANDATORY KONI NOVICE MEETING (Novice Paddock)

3:30PM - KONI Novice Group: Paced Laps, MANDATORY ADVANCED GROUP and INTERMEDIATE GROUP BRIEFING

3:50PM - Advanced Group: Session 1

3:55PM -KONI Novice Group: Briefing 1 (Novice Paddock)

4:10PM - Intermediate Group: Session 1

4:30PM -KONI Novice Group: Session 1

4:50PM - Advanced Group: Session 2

4:55PM -KONI Novice Group: Briefing 2

5:10PM - Intermediate Group: Session 2

5:30PM - Track Tour Laps (Open to All)

5:50PM -KONI Novice Group: Session 2

6:10PM - Advanced Group: Session 3

6:15PM -KONI Novice Group: Briefing 3

6:30PM - Intermediate Group: Session 3

6:50PM -KONI Novice Group: Session 3

7:10PM - Track Close

8:00PM - Gates Close

* Times are an approximation (Weather and on-track issues can play havoc with a schedule, and sometimes officials might have to improvise to make sure everyone gets the most out of the event.)

Click Here for more information about Track Night events at MotorSport Ranch Cresson.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm in! Novice this trip since I've never driven Cresson. I'll go intermediate next time there.

#4 ·
I'll probably not do TNiA in advanced. Too many people on track, the ones in advanced are the high horsepower, high self-admiration people who are out there to set records. I finally learned that TNiA is NOT the place to try to set a PB on the track, but get out and have some fun and work on your lines.

I'm a lot more "defensive" there as there are those who don't follow the rules and think that this is a "race."

Reactions: zhent
#5 ·
yeah, not following the rules is the biggest one. It's why I almost went for Intermediate instead of Novice. Last TNiA I saw way too many in novice who weren't paying attention to their mirrors, or wanting to pass in corners for my comfort. There is some wisdom though in sticking to novice to learn the track, especially as I can't cheat this one and drive it in Forza first. That was such a nice boost at CotA.

#6 ·
hey @Squid any idea which Cresson layout will be used for TNiA? Asking so I can get a window sticker...

#8 ·

Motorsport Ranch Cresson
April 10th, 2018 2:30pm - 8:00pm

Never Driven on Track? Track Master? Doesn't Matter!
Only $150 to come drive with us!

Hagerty is the Exclusive On-Track Insurance Partner of
Track Night In America

We're proud to announce that we are now the Exclusive On-Track Insurance Partner of the SCCA’s Track Night in America! We are a company FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE CARS™, and Track Night in America is an easy and inexpensive way for nearly anyone who loves cars or motorsports to get on a real racecourse in their own vehicle. What’s not to love about that?

Click Here to Learn More

Track Night Facts by Mazda Motorsports

Thanks to our partners at Mazda Motorsports, the video series above will tell you everything you need to know about how to prepare for and get the most out of your Track Night experiences. Got a buddy who's considering joining you but needs to know more?

Click Here to Learn More

KONI Novice Experience

The novice experience is perfect for those new to being on track, those who are at a particular track for the first time, or those who would just like to have some pointers and guidance during the evening.

Falken Fast Pass

Fast Pass is the fastest way to get you on track. Available to intermediate and advanced group drivers, Fast Pass is the no fuss, no mess, no wasting time in meetings, experience that you have been waiting for.

Intermediate

The intermediate group is a bit more relaxed than the advanced group. The expectation is that these drivers know the basics, but have a focus on improving and learning.

Open House and Touring Laps

Never been to the track? Want to check it out? May we recommend a few touring Laps? Every Track Night will have a touring lap session, open to anyone and everyone. Passengers over the age of 14 are encouraged, and helmets are not required.

Advanced

If you know the track, your car, yourself, and you want to feel the limits of each, advanced group is your group. The same DOs and DON’Ts and passing rules apply, but the pace is turned up a bit from the intermediate group.

Run/Work

Taken from autocross, run/work lets SCCA members get one on track session at a very budget friendly rate while also offering support to the event. Event support can range from corner working, to grid, to check-in and tech.

THANKS TO ALL Our Partners and the Great Deals they Offer!

Unsubscribe from future emails like this from Track Night in America. View our Privacy Policy.

#9 ·
Hey Ted, check the letter I got today ...

Hi Jim,
We’re excited to see you’re planning to join us for Track Night at Motorsport Ranch next week! I see that you’ve signed up to run with our Intermediate group, but from what you listed on your registration it appears that you already have a significant amount of previous on track experience. Would you say you’re extremely comfortable with monitoring your mirrors and giving point-bys as needed? If so, then I would probably actually recommend our Advanced group to you. If you think you’d be comfortable running with that group I’d be happy to adjust your entry for you. Please let me know at your earliest convenience as this event is selling out quickly.

Thanks!
Jenny

#10 ·
Nice.

I think you probably have the experience for it. The question is if you want to deal with the egos in the advanced group.

I didn't get anything like that. I'll be happy in the novice group, at least I will if the ego filled V8 guys let me pass...

Reactions: ZStang
#11 ·
A lot of the "big guns" will be going to NOLA for the OPTIMA challenge. (that is if we can get Mike's Camaro fixed up)

This might be the time for me to jump groups. ;)

Reactions: zhent
#12 ·
hey @Squid! A couple of questions

1. Is there air available at Cresson, or should I air up my track tires somewhere on my way up? I was constantly bleeding off pressure at Autocross so I know they'll be a bit low to start.
2. How are the pits? good spots to change out tires and keep some stuff?

#13 ·
1. I have a compressor, so there will be air. I usually leave the house with 35# on 'em as a norm. It's easier to do it with my big tank than with a lighter powered pump.
2. Yup. Good flat area there. Call me and whoever gets there first will save a spot for the other.
3. Make sure you do your tech sheet ahead of time.

#14 ·
Fast Facts
Track: MotorSport Ranch Cresson
Event Date: April 10, 2018
Gates Open: 2:30pm
Track Page: http://www.motorsportranch.com
Schedule: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1991311-track-night-2018-dallas-south-april-10

Who’s Ready for Track Night!?

We are! It's almost time for Track Night, and we want to make sure you're ready to go and have all your questions answered. Look at the schedule at the link above and make sure you know when you need to be where, so you can arrive with plenty of time to check in and get settled. We also highly recommend clicking on the track page link above for any directions, rules or information specific to the track you’re participating at. Read through your group's section below and hit "Reply" if you have any additional questions for me.

Track Touring Laps

If you signed up for Track Tour Laps they should begin at approximately 5:30pm , but plan to be there at least 15-20 minutes prior.

• Come early, stay late, check out the cars, make some new friends
  • Bring your friends! Advance registration isn't required for Track Tour Laps- we can sign them up on-site
Pro-Tip: If you weren't sure about registering and wanted to check out the event first, try to make it in time for the KONI Novice Experience Paced Laps. We can try to get you in for those so if you decide you like it and there's a spot open, we can register you for the event on-site.

KONI Novice Experience

If this is your first track event, or if you wanted a little extra guidance, you've come to the right group! Here's how this will go:

• Drive through the gates and find the Novice Paddock to get your spot
  • Go to the registration table to check in, sign your waiver (if you haven't already), and get your packet
  • Fill out and turn in your tech sheet so you can get your helmet and your car stickered (that's how we know you're approved)
  • Hang out and make some friends until the meeting with your KONI Novice Coach followed by the KONI Novice Paced Laps
  • Listen to the safety procedures and on-track etiquette outlined by your coach. Keep your schedule handy and listen for calls to grid or meetings.
  • Wondering how you know it's time to move up a group? Check out Mazda's advice
  • Be safe, be courteous, be friendly.
  • Don't hesitate to ask questions or speak up if you need something addressed. We're here to make sure you have a safe, fun night.
Advanced and Intermediate Groups

You've done enough track events to have a good handle on how these things go. Even so, please plan to be at the Advanced/Intermediate meeting at 3:30pm so we can have a quick run through of passing rules, flags and the rules of the road just so we all know we're on the same page. 5 minutes, tops.

Run/Work

If you signed up for Run/Work, you can expect to spend a couple of hours flagging, helping in grid or manning the gate and 20 minutes on track . The Worker Meeting listed on the schedule is mandatory, so please plan to be there in time to attend. Typically Run/Work drivers run in either one of the first or last sessions and the worker rotation happens at mid-event. Please dress and pack to be standing and in the sun, bringing water and sunscreen is highly encouraged. Welcome to the team!

Volunteer

Man, do we love you! Same expectations as Run/Work, but without the pesky running part. Please be at the track by the time gates open unless specifically contacted and asked otherwise.

BUT WHAT IF I AM GOING TO BE LATE!?!

We understand that life does happen and we will do our best to work with you. When you arrive on site, please find a Track Night staff member, and let them work you into the event. A profuse apology is not required.

Helpful Links:
Driver’s Meeting: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/pages/drivers-meeting
Tech Sheet: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/downloads/2998-tech-sheet/download
Rules and Regulations: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/pages/rules-and-regulations
What to Bring: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/pages/what-to-bring
How to Prepare for Track Night: http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/articles/1994094-get-ready
How to Prepare for Track Night: https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/pages/track-night-facts-by-mazda-motorsports

See ya on Track!

Jack Track
Lead Factologist
Track Night in America Driven by Tire Rack

#15 ·
A lot of the "big guns" will be going to NOLA for the OPTIMA challenge. (that is if we can get Mike's Camaro fixed up)

This might be the time for me to jump groups. ;)
Had a good laugh today -- my boss is heading to NOLA for Optima ... well, TNiA is at NOLA on Thursday. He's registered his Camaro. On the application he listed his mods as "Cragars and Air Shocks."

That will be interesting when he rolls it out. 1350 HP of LS9 powered twin turbo Camaro.

#16 ·
Unfortunately I'm going to have to do the tech sheet when I get there. My printer is down.

I was down to 30# in the back yesterday, but I stopped and blindly added air before swapping my street tires back on. The fronts were already at 35#, so I didn't mess with them. I figure I can always let air out, harder to add it.

#18 ·
I'm planning on being there early. Hoping for the gates to be open, so I can get parked and swap wheels. I'm getting quicker at the swap, but I still feel like I take too long.

#20 ·
I didn't even bother unloading after autocross yesterday. The only thing I have to load in the morning is helmet,cameras, cooler...

#21 ·
OK, try this!

#22 ·
Love It! Talk about making a bunch of Corvettes look bad. Well, I know it is skill of the driver and not the car so much. Wish I could have come out and been one of the slow ones! Lol

#23 ·
Dayum. I feel like I've been in a paint shaker! That mount is loose as a goose.
How do you concentrate with that penguin swinging around all over the corner of the window?

You need to have patience padiwan ... your apex was way too early on all the corners. Go out longer, apex later and roll into the throttle earlier. On the entry to Rattlesnake, go WAY out, apex hard on the right hander and it will set you up for the left/right after that.

#25 ·
This is the feedback I need. I need to find time to get into an HPDE as novice with an instructor to really speed up my laps.

#28 ·
um. My track map has no numbers, only names...

I never hit 5th looking for more power, only by accident.

#30 ·
um. My track map has no numbers, only names...
I never hit 5th looking for more power, only by accident.
I'm looking for yesterday's package. I'm using a map from last year.
the 1.7 is a 4th/5th gear track for me. I am tempted to do 6th at the big straight across the start/finish line.
Oh, and I like my Penguin. He is not a distraction.
Penguin and cord would drive me nuts bouncing around in there.

My 3rd session video is processing now. I'll post when it's ready.

#29 ·
Oh, and I like my Penguin. He is not a distraction.

#33 ·
hmmm... Something to think on.

Do keep in mind, that was the first time I'd ever seen this track...

#34 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.