Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if the steeda adapter will hurt anything other than running a little rich when you let off. What's the best I'm just wanting that psshh sound

·
Registered
2018 Premium Fastback
57 Posts
Won’t hurt anything.
Not an expert, but I agree. My understanding for turbos in general is the engine doesn't need the blow off it is just sent back into it for noise reduction. Air intake varies a lot because of atmospheric pressure, temperature, ect... the tune OEM, or not should be able to handle that. In addition some of the CAIs have optional VTO options e.g. JLT. So they are at least secure that it is not an issue with their products.

What I would personally avoid is one of the blow off hacks like disconnecting the hose, and trying to fit a make shift plug on the intake tube.

·
Registered
570 Posts
What I would personally avoid is one of the blow off hacks like disconnecting the hose, and trying to fit a make shift plug on the intake tube.
That “hack” is just a different way of doing what the adapter would do, still not going to hurt anything.
On the ECU side of things, our cars are speed density and don’t care if you vent back to the motor or out to the atmospher.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The main thing to remember on any car that you want to vent to atmosphere (VTA) no matter what method the PCM uses (speed density or MAF), is that VTA is not a problem unless it is downstream from where the sensors are, which isn't the case for our cars.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Are they pointless if it's an automatic?
Pointless....not really it’ll still give the pppsssshhh noise when you let off the gas quickly, and at shifts if your getting on it, but a better option would be a better BOV, as you’ll hear the OEM BOV vent at weird moments when cruising.

·
Registered
2018 Premium Fastback
57 Posts
That “hack” is just a different way of doing what the adapter would do, still not going to hurt anything.
I agree. My only concern here would be the jerry rigged plug failing or falling off. Which I have heard of. It is mostly a piece of mind issue I suppose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the steeda adapter, and it's not terrible, just really loud. Also, sometimes when I set my cruise it will open/leak are constantly until you build boost or go into a strong vacuum.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I'm running the GFB DV+ VTA (Vent To Atmosphere) and I don't get that constant hiss at highway cruise like I did with the OEM BPV. I was running the Boomba Racing BOV (not adapter) and while I don't see any real difference performance-wise between it and the GFB, the Boomba BOV did not eliminate the hiss completely.

Reactions: zhent

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I put this on and really can’t hear it - now I must admit I’m severely hearing impaired, but many on here says they are pretty loud and noisy. FYI ‘17 with auto.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well I put this on and really can’t hear it - now I must admit I’m severely hearing impaired, but many on here says they are pretty loud and noisy. FYI ‘17 with auto. View attachment 39988
If its on its venting to atmosphere. You will hear it more on a 6 speed. Auto only when on the throttle hard and letting off. Also the factory bpv vents while cruising at a constant speed for the most part thus it won't be loud even on a 6speed when coming from a steady cruising.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts