Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a complete turbo back exhaust CVF catted downpipe connected to an MBRP Race cat-back. I have the Shaker Pro with the 12 speaker system and unplugged the rear mic to stop the fake engine noise coming thru the speakers. This only goes so far and under boost the noise in the cabin was still too loud.

I talked to an old timer who suggested adding a glasspack where the OEM resonator was located. I had the glasspack installed today and it does absolutely lower the volume to an acceptable level and no more booming under boost inside the cabin. Cost was 150 and an hour.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Aviation

Reactions: velocity

·
Registered
20 Posts
Were you experiencing interior rattles prior and did this alleviate any of that?

I have heard that its better to turn off ANC via Forscan rather than just pulling the mic (not sure if this is true or not)... thats what I did. I have the cable and software to do it from my laptop if you want to see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Were you experiencing interior rattles prior and did this alleviate any of that?

I have heard that its better to turn off ANC via Forscan rather than just pulling the mic (not sure if this is true or not)... thats what I did. I have the cable and software to do it from my laptop if you want to see if it makes any difference.
I've read conflicting reports about unplugging the rear mic in coupes. Some say the Shaker Pro only requires unplugging the mic and it did make a difference in my car. I tried using Forscan but I can't seem to return any MS can modules where the ACM lives. I have the ELM 327 with the HS)MS switch and loaded the temp license in Forscan but still wasn't able to access the MS can modules.

With the mic plugged in the sound was bad with interior rattleling but unplugging it stopped the interior rattleling. Only under boost was the interior sound annoying.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds like a success! My only concern is about this "old timer"... How old would you say he is??

(Braces for response)
😂😉

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a success! My only concern is about this "old timer"... How old would you say he is??

(Braces for response)
😂😉
He is the guy is the pic, I'd say in his 60''s. When I discussed the situation with him he said "back in the day when we wanted to quiet down the exhaust sound in the cabin we would put a glasspack in there", so I called him an old timer.

·
Registered
427 Posts
He is the guy is the pic, I'd say in his 60''s. When I discussed the situation with him he said "back in the day when we wanted to quiet down the exhaust sound in the cabin we would put a glasspack in there", so I called him an old timer.
😅 Ok, into his 60s might qualify as an old-timer, especially given his use of "back in the day"! Sounds like he came up with a good solution for you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
😅 Ok, into his 60s might qualify as an old-timer, especially given his use of "back in the day"! Sounds like he came up with a good solution for you.
Ok, I am 77 and when I took my new '79 Mustang Cobra TRX to Germany, I had the local muffler shop remove the converter and replace it with a glass pack.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I was finally able to get Forscan to load the MScan modules after requesting another temp license and loading it into Forscan. Previously I was not able to load the license. After a couple of connect, disconnect, rec-connect sessions they finally loaded. I set the ACM 727-01-01 second set from DA00 to D800. I heard a loud pop thru the speakers and my EQ was set back to default. I went for a ride and I can't really tell a difference, maybe it's a bit quieter than before.

I found the following topic with the config setting for the ACM symposer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts