Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have a manual and I fought the computer about 15 tries before I finially figured out how to launch it and get it down the track. It was frustrating but once I figured it out it sure was fun. I think you did good. Who would have thought that 13 & 12 second passes out of stock 4 cylinders would ever be this easy..??.. Nice job.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, I have drag mode on this car. I have the performance package. I am in Michigan now. I was in North Carolina for 4 years and didn't get a chance to try any tracks there, so a little out of practice.

Just need to figure out how to launch this car. Wasn't able to get as many passes in as I wanted to find the best rpm for launch and whether to hit it full throttle or roll into it more.

In drag mode and S on the shifter it definitely was shifting much harder. Big difference from drag mode in D.
I have the ecoboost PP pkg and it’s a light throttle off the line then hit it. I’m from mich and have raced at Detroit dragway b4 it closed and Milan dragway with my V8 pinto a lot of fun enjoy your car 😀👍

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have the ecoboost PP pkg and it’s a light throttle off the line then hit it. I’m from mich and have raced at Detroit dragway b4 it closed and Milan dragway with my V8 pinto a lot of fun enjoy your car 😀👍
Is your Ecoboost Mustang a standard shift or automatic transmission?

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Auto 6 speed
I wonder if the 10 speed makes any difference on launch compared to the 6 speed auto?

I bet that Pinto was fun. A friend of mine in Sarnia had a Pinto as well.

Milan is closed now - they "hocked" the place with the guy on "Hard Core Pawn" in Detroit, and fell behind on things so he foreclosed. I understand that someone bought it now though and plans to reopen next year. Hopefully the run the place better. I've been there where I arrived at 10 and went through tech, group was called up for our first pass at 11:30. At 10:30 at night I was in the staging lanes waiting for my second pass. Groups with the 'regulars' and friends of the staff seemed to make several passes in between.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wonder if the 10 speed makes any difference on launch compared to the 6 speed auto?

I bet that Pinto was fun. A friend of mine in Sarnia had a Pinto as well.

Milan is closed now - they "hocked" the place with the guy on "Hard Core Pawn" in Detroit, and fell behind on things so he foreclosed. I understand that someone bought it now though and plans to reopen next year. Hopefully the run the place better. I've been there where I arrived at 10 and went through tech, group was called up for our first pass at 11:30. At 10:30 at night I was in the staging lanes waiting for my second pass. Groups with the 'regulars' and friends of the staff seemed to make several passes in between.
What part of Michigan ya from I lived in Dearborn

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
What part of Michigan ya from I lived in Dearborn
Originally from Port Huron. Moved to North Carolina in 2017, after my wife spent 21 years talking me into the move. Then, 4 years later, she wanted to move back to Michigan. In June 2021 we bought a place in Howell/Brighton (we are 5 miles from downtown Howell and 5 miles from downtown Brighton).

If you see a red 2013 Mustang convertible in Dearborn it could be my old car. Last I knew someone in Dearborn had it. This is an earlier picture of it; can't access the last pictures at the moment. The front RTR splitter was body color when I sold it and it has one of 5 cowl hoods on it now, with the GT style vents.

Tire Wheel Car Cloud Sky

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally from Port Huron. Moved to North Carolina in 2017, after my wife spent 21 years talking me into the move. Then, 4 years later, she wanted to move back to Michigan. In June 2021 we bought a place in Howell/Brighton (we are 5 miles from downtown Howell and 5 miles from downtown Brighton).

If you see a red 2013 Mustang convertible in Dearborn it could be my old car. Last I knew someone in Dearborn had it. This is an earlier picture of it; can't access the last pictures at the moment. The front RTR splitter was body color when I sold it and it has one of 5 cowl hoods on it now, with the GT style vents.

View attachment 40766
I have since moved to orlando no more cold 🥶 for me and we did camping in port Huron an hunting in Howell

·
Registered
853 Posts
Auto 6 speed
An Ecoboost with the 6 speed automatic transmission is a good combination. Most of the guys I race with have the same transmission you do, and they can launch off their foot brake at around 1500+ rpm without wheel hopping and with minimal wheel spin.
I run the 10 speed automatic transmission, but I don't feel I have an advantage on the track.
The 10 speed does help deliver excellent gas mileage on the street!
I race with NMRA at the Martin, Michigan dragway, real nice facility!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
An Ecoboost with the 6 speed automatic transmission is a good combination. Most of the guys I race with have the same transmission you do, and they can launch off their foot brake at around 1500+ rpm without wheel hopping and with minimal wheel spin.
I run the 10 speed automatic transmission, but I don't feel I have an advantage on the track.
The 10 speed does help deliver excellent gas mileage on the street!
I race with NMRA at the Martin, Michigan dragway, real nice facility!!
The pirelli tires bite pretty good off the line and my gas mileage is 27 city 34 hwy all around it’s a good combo

21 - 31 of 31 Posts