Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

Took the Mustang to the drag strip for the first time

6K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  ECOSTNG 
#1 ·
I had my 2019 on a road course, but haven't been to the drag strip yet. They were doing a TNT at one of the tracks so went up to get some passes in. I didn't change from the stock tune because I wanted some baseline data first.

I also didn't change the tires. I had my drag radials with me, but since it has been 2 years since I have gone to the track I missed my jack while packing the car! So carried the drag radials up, and just ran on the street tires. I could have probably borrowed a jack from someone, but decided to go completely stock for today.

One of my friends got a picture on the track for me.

I still need to figure out how to launch this car. And it took me three passes before I figured out the line lock.

See less See more
#6 ·
When I bought my 2020 10AT, I'm pretty sure that there were base cars without drive modes. I searched as to how to get drive modes without having to get a highly optioned car and discovered that option group 101A is the minimum requirement. I'm not certain.....

#10 ·
Yes, I have drag mode on this car. I have the performance package. I am in Michigan now. I was in North Carolina for 4 years and didn't get a chance to try any tracks there, so a little out of practice.

Just need to figure out how to launch this car. Wasn't able to get as many passes in as I wanted to find the best rpm for launch and whether to hit it full throttle or roll into it more.

In drag mode and S on the shifter it definitely was shifting much harder. Big difference from drag mode in D.

#21 ·
I have a manual and I fought the computer about 15 tries before I finially figured out how to launch it and get it down the track. It was frustrating but once I figured it out it sure was fun. I think you did good. Who would have thought that 13 & 12 second passes out of stock 4 cylinders would ever be this easy..??.. Nice job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.