Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,298 Posts
Right ??? That’s what I was thinking it seems normal besides the fluid to me but the mechanic said that it’s really bad . And It’s a 6r80 automatic 2015 with 104k miles . They gonna start rebuilding the trans tomorrow supposedly…
Get a second and even THIRD opinion. Rebuilding a trans is major money. I wouldn't jus throw it at one man's diagnosis.

I have a 2016 with the same German built trans. Question: Did you ever change the transmission fluid?

· Registered
3,298 Posts
Honestly never since I bought it 2 years ago . And it looks like the previous owner never changed it neither
Ford doesn't do enough job of advertising the fact that the tranny fluid and filer should be changed; and probably by design as having to rebuild or replace a trans might very well get you into a new car and possibly mean more sales for them. But yeah....brand new gears rubbing up on each other are bound to shed shavings into the fluid. Pretty happy that I changed mine at about 30K. I'm at 75K now and am probably needing another change. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts