Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every body,
I uograded my car with wagner intercooler, magnaflow cat back, turbosmart vr2 plumb back, panel air filter and Revo performance stage 1 tune, the car go very fine but i noticed an increase of fuel consumption, it's normsl and did you notice the same thing in your cars?
Thanks and sorry for my english...

Inviato dal mio SM-G965F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi every body,
I uograded my car with wagner intercooler, magnaflow cat back, turbosmart vr2 plumb back, panel air filter and Revo performance stage 1 tune, the car go very fine but i noticed an increase of fuel consumption, it's normsl and did you notice the same thing in your cars?

I still average 30 driving conservatively on the highway but daily commutes average about 21. It's not unheard of to see a decrease of MPG after adding performance parts and tuning the car. I drive my 2017 hard on the track and averaged 12...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks before i did around 9 km/litro now i'm doing 7.5 km/litro...

More or less 15% decrease

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually my boost pressure is 22 PSI, it' ok for a stage 1 tune?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have been driving turbo 4 cyl cars continuously since 1985 and all of them have been tuned. All of them got the same or better mileage than stock. What you are likely experiencing is the excitement of the tune and are driving the car more aggressively.

Dave

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dave is correct......even my 19 base, untuned usually only gets 13 or so mpg in town because of my right foot! Lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi every body,

I INSTALLED THE COBB STAGE 1 93 OCTANE ALONG WITH A ROUSH COLD AIR KIT AND ACTUALLY WENT UP 2 MILES PER GALLON AS LONG AS I KEEP MY FOOT OFF THE FLOOR BOARD

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the Ford Performance CAI and Tune and am noticing a slight increase in MPG when driving normally. Not a huge increase (maybe 1-2 MPG) in the city, but I have found that my average is lower because of my foot ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I INSTALLED THE COBB STAGE 1 93 OCTANE ALONG WITH A ROUSH COLD AIR KIT AND ACTUALLY WENT UP 2 MILES PER GALLON AS LONG AS I KEEP MY FOOT OFF THE FLOOR BOARD
Hey there I just checked my mileage yesterday its in city and I drive about 15 miles in stop and go usually 25mph to 60 mph and I was getting 30 which I have never got that much its usually around 26 but this morning I was just under 29 its crazy good....vp

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts