Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Great video. I signed up for your channel. I think there are some members that have tried 4 FULL TURNS and it turned out it was a little too much preload. Did you find it okay? I know most people go with 3 FULL TURNS. Turbosmart instructions for their own wastegate and springs states 2mm, which is approximately 2 FULL TURNS.

·
Registered
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great video. I signed up for your channel. I think there are some members that have tried 4 FULL TURNS and it turned out it was a little too much preload. Did you find it okay? I know most people go with 3 FULL TURNS. Turbosmart instructions for their own wastegate and springs states 2mm, which is approximately 2 FULL TURNS.
It's whatever is required to get that 3mm. If you just bought a Turbosmart Actuator from American Muscle or something, 2mm would probably be fine. The TunePlus doesn't use the original spring supplied with the Turbosmart Actuator. They install a proprietary spring set specifically for TunePlus. After that, Adam will let you know via the data logging process if you need to make any changes. And thank you for subscribing. I'll try to be more present on here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thank you for the video! I was considering buying this with the 7 PSI spring and using it with my Cobb stage 2 tune. Eventually I want to get tuned by Adam and would opt for the tighter spring from Tune+.
Have there been a very noticeable difference in turbo spool up with this?

·
Registered
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the video! I was considering buying this with the 7 PSI spring and using it with my Cobb stage 2 tune. Eventually I want to get tuned by Adam and would opt for the tighter spring from Tune+.
Have there been a very noticeable difference in turbo spool up with this?
Not particularly. The biggest improvement has been with driveability. Post shift boost surge is gone. I would just get the Tune+ actuator or of the gate versus having to replace that spring. As far as I'm aware, you can't buy that spring separately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts