Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ecostang Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are peoples opinions on how bad or noticeable turbo lag is when running a race intercooler. I'm running an airaid intake tube and high flow filter and plan to upgrade the charger pipes and do a 3 inch high flow turboback exhaust. Just wondering how much those mods will affect turbo lag or how it already is naturally

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
What are peoples opinions on how bad or noticeable turbo lag is when running a race intercooler. I'm running an airaid intake tube and high flow filter and plan to upgrade the charger pipes and do a 3 inch high flow turboback exhaust. Just wondering how much those mods will affect turbo lag or how it already is naturally
I have a full Airaid CAI, Injen charge pipes, and a Borla catback....with a CPE racing IC. There is NO noticeable "turbo lag". As the pedal goes down...so does the boost pressure on the gauge. If you throw in a downpipe also, its going to allow the turbo to spool up even quicker with the lack of back pressure. So I think you're good to go and there is no concern.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Vortec full race intercooler, AirRaid intake Tube, AEM dry filter and CVF 3" catted downpipe. Spools up much faster than stock and I haven't done a custom tune yet.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I can confirm that a 3" turbo back exhaust system with a 200 cell catalytic converter makes a difference! I was able to cut almost a quarter second off my ET at the track and increase my mph by at least 2 or 3 mph on the 1/4 mile drag strip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts