Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys not sure if a thread is already up on this but i'm wondering if anyone is running the drop in turbonetics kit and if so whats there thoughts and experiences with the kit. i'm seriously thinking about buying it especially with the claimed 30-45 min install.

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
got a link to this kit?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Capable of 520hp with supporting mods (with custom tune)
• 1 year No Fault- No Hassle Warranty

*Tune/tuner required.

Sounds good ..but not sure I would trust the stock internals of the engine to support this for very long .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Capable of 520hp with supporting mods (with custom tune)
• 1 year No Fault- No Hassle Warranty

*Tune/tuner required.

Sounds good ..but not sure I would trust the stock internals of the engine to support this for very long .
i dont think i would tune it that hot

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
IT would be interesting to see. I don't think I'm ready for it though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't heard anyone getting this turbo at all and it's supposedly been out for months. Vargas turbo's twin scroll stage 2 seems the way to go over this one. It's a direct replacement, made to look totally stock, has a single scroll option and 2 twin scroll options. If I keep my EB I'll probably get a Vargas and run it with water/meth.

Mustang Ecoboost | Vargas Performance Turbo Solutions

The stock fuel system limits the power to around 390whp with any of these turbos. Stock block would limit you to around 400-450.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is 400 whp safe with a stock block? Sorry about the question, but are there any other modifications needed when going with a Vargas Stage 2 - or is it truly direct replacement with nothing else needed?

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's because kit doesn't exist yet. I was at their Moorpark facility and it's not quite ready to roll. If it does come out with their ceramic ball bearing unit it should be pretty bad-ass. I know this because I am researching turbo alternatives for my blown engine. It is bigger than stock from what they say.

No offense Pewter but I think your stock block numbers are a bit high....lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
So if The stock block should be good to around 400bhp, how would I go about getting a stronger block? What other internals need to be upgraded to support the extra hp? Are there shops that build up the factory block or would I need a full replacement?

·
Super Moderator
3,237 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts