Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
New poster, long time follower.
I wanted to see if anyone else was running the Turbonetics Turbo, and if so, what intake are you running? The stock diameter plastic intake going into the turbo is 2.25” compared to 3.5” at the turbo. This is a 36% reduction in size. However, a reduction or neck down will only negatively affect power if there is a need for more. I have a high flow drop in filter in the stock intake and I have removed all restriction in the grill to allow uninhibited air flow. Every part of me wants to get a CAI like the Roush that has a 3” intake to reduce the restriction but at over $400 I would like to see if there is any benefit at all.

Ps. If anyone is thinking about getting that turbo I HIGHLY recommend it. I saw my mpg’s go up by almost 5, and my top end power curve feels significantly stronger.

Thank you!

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can get the Airaid tube only, it has the larger diameter your looking for. I believe its about $150. This will connect to the stock air box with no bottle neck to the turbo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,
Thank you for the suggestion. I love that Airaid tube, however CARB does not. I waffled on fabricating my own as well but that would leave me in same predicament as the Airaid tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts