Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new member in the UK.
I've had anew bonnet and both front wings sorted for the known paint bubbling.
Unfortunately the Ford dealership has replaced my bonnet stripes with much thinner ones. Us the fade is now a dotted fade, where as my old ones and the rear boot lid is just colour fade.
Back in tomorrow to speak with the manager, but they said they are ford original and will only use them. Did ask if I can prove the old one are ford (part number etc) they'll look into it.

He's the old way it looked.

Clearly see they line up with the roof.

New ones. Obviously dont match and to me appear not centred

Old fade style

New dotted style.
Now if they changed the whole lot wouldn't of been too bad, but to just fit them and not ring first, I find shocking.
Also they've cracked the paint on the front bumper so not a happy bunny

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
Jesus. Thats a bit of a **** response from the dealer. Clearly its not put back as it was regardless. Ford Australia didn't even bother most of the time with factory strips and allowed many owners the option to have custom strips in lue, so so much better.

Reactions: fevano1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jesus. Thats a bit of a **** response from the dealer. Clearly its not put back as it was regardless. Ford Australia didn't even bother most of the time with factory strips and allowed many owners the option to have custom strips in lue, so so much better.
I know it's the attitude that's got me the most.
And even the quality checks, clearly haven't been carried out.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I will admit, up until recently I have had to go hard ball each time to get any warranty work done. But I've made "friends" with a service tech Kimberley and yes she is as hot as the name suggests and she gets stuff done now. Lol

·
Registered
716 Posts
So they’re suggesting the original stripes are not Ford stripes? Do you know if this is correct? Perhaps the window sticker would tell the tale (available online). If they prove to be Ford original, I’d say you get that response in writing from the dealer and then move it up the food chain to Ford.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers all for comments.

I've visited a vinyl wrapp and decal shop yesterday. The owner confirmed that the fatter stripes aren't original and have been an aftermarket fitting. Showed me a few tell tale signs.
Said he can match into what's on the roof for £80-100
Confirmed the ones ford put on the bonnet are way off center and need to be re done.

Didn't get the call off the bodyshop manager I was promised yesterday, so today will be interesting for them.
Next step is the ford ones definitely need to be taken off as not centered. So it will cost them to replace them anyway, so I'm going to push to get them to pay for the decal place to sort it.

Still needs the scratch sorting on the bumper they've done.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My question is they would have known this, so why did they continue with what was clearly going to be a mis match?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I cannot believe your Ford dealership expected you would be happy with the mismatch.
They should have at least called you prior to going ahead IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was exactly my thoughts.
Why no phone call?

Been to see the bodyshop manager today.
To be fair he was really good "is it right?" er no? "then is needs sorting" was his attitude.

They got someone in to put the stripes on. I asked why they then didn't raise their hand and question the fitment?
The marking on the bumper is where the person fitting the stripes has polished the paint edge off.
Booked in to get the top of the bumper sprayed.
They've said they'll pay for the decal place I've found to sort the stripes.

So a good result overall.

We had a good chat about the known bonnet and wing issues with paint.
He said he's turned loads away as either the service book wasn't stamped or the digital record hasn't been uploaded. He said make sure wherever I go that both are done.

Did say the bonnet is £1000 alone!

Appreciate everyone's comments

Cheers for the support. Loving the car.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Digital record??? Had the car nearly 4 years 100000km serviced only 2 times by Ford. Never heard about any digital record. But then I'm in Australia and well...NBN

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Digital record??? Had the car nearly 4 years 100000km serviced only 2 times by Ford. Never heard about any digital record. But then I'm in Australia and well...NBN
My car before this an Audi (don't hate) had no physical service
book all digital. But told him if the books stamped thats proof.
I know for a fact if I got turned away and had stamped book, I'd be taking it higher up the ford chain.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi all new member in the UK.
I've had anew bonnet and both front wings sorted for the known paint bubbling.
Unfortunately the Ford dealership has replaced my bonnet stripes with much thinner ones. Us the fade is now a dotted fade, where as my old ones and the rear boot lid is just colour fade.
Back in tomorrow to speak with the manager, but they said they are ford original and will only use them. Did ask if I can prove the old one are ford (part number etc) they'll look into it.

He's the old way it looked.

Clearly see they line up with the roof.

New ones. Obviously dont match and to me appear not centred

Old fade style

New dotted style.
Now if they changed the whole lot wouldn't of been too bad, but to just fit them and not ring first, I find shocking.
Also they've cracked the paint on the front bumper so not a happy bunny

did you get a final invoice showing a ford part number ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WHATS YOUR FULL VIN# I'LL PULL UP YOUR BUILD SHEET
Cheers

At work at the mo. So not near the car for some hours. I'll message you later if that's OK? Appreciate the offer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well car back in the dealers today for corrective work, caused by the guy they got in to fit the thinner stripes.
Unfortunately when I turned up. They asked "oh you booked in for today?" er yeah, your manager booked me in. "what you in for?"
So not off to a good start
They don't mess it up this time.
Thursday at the decal shop for custom replacement stripes to the bonnet and bumper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts