Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have brought this up in the past and it came upon dead ears. :(

I'd like to do a 2017 Calendar. Was going to be EBOM, but that program fizzled. There are great looking Mustangs on here and would make for a great calendar.

Here's my proposal.
  • I'll do the work, submission and editing.
  • Cafe Press will do the printing and the mailing. There are multiple formats available, usually it's the 11 x 8 landscape 12 month flip calendar.
  • You'll do the ordering and paying.
  • Up to 13 entries and each gets their own month (or the cover)
  • Over 13, we'll have to do some sharing or something.
  • Pick a month, that'll be your "theme." I could be your birthday month or something favorite or a favorite holiday. Submit to the thread, and I'll make a list here.
  • Go out and take your photo(s)
  • Submit them to me, and I'll put them together and submit the calendar.
  • It'll be on the Cafe Press site and available for you to order.
Thoughts?
- - - - - - - - - - - - Month requests - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jan - @Zolder1305 Complete
Feb - @SoCal 2.3 -- "February...Groundhog Day, of course." Complete
Mar - @Gizmokid2005 - birthday month and my EBOM photo would be great for that Complete
April - @ecostang19 - Anniv of Mustang month Complete
May - @Squid - Indy 500 / track shot / hopefully at the Brickyard. Complete
Jun - @RadiationMonkey Complete
Jul - @Nach -- "It's my Birthday" Complete
Aug - @Moxman -- "Middle of summer...living in So. Cal...Convertible...and my birthday month." Complete
Sept - @Blue16 - reserved for the month! Complete
Oct - @ststang - Halloween / fall colors Complete!
Nov - @Elvis 66 -- "in support of Veterans Day" Complete
Dec - @boet Complete
Cover - @cal_gecko Complete
- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Looking to submit by the middle of October, so that all of November and December are available for ordering, shipping etc in time for Christmas and the new year.
  • Another good thing about Cafe Press, you can start your calendar whenever you want, so if you don't order until Feb, it can run Feb through Jan 2018.
  • If you have a current (High Res) photo, you can use that if you like it - it doesn't have to be new or never seen.
  • Note - everyone is welcome to submit/request/be involved. The more the merrier!
  • Pictures will need to be high resolution -- at least 3000 pixels wide. We want the clarity to be up there for a quality calendar.
  • The "Complete" photos are in an album on my photobucket site:
    http://s149.photobucket.com/user/bmc-squid/library/Mustangs/2017 Mustang Ecoboost Calendar

Reactions: Nach

·
Registered
810 Posts
Normally I would jump on October for tree colors but, with the drought we are having in upstate New York, I am not to confident in getting great colors this year. Though I could do a graveyard shoot...hmmmm....pencil me in for October.

When is the submit date? I would like to wait until October or good tree color (which every comes first or at all) to do it.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I remember last year you were wanting to do something like this.. definitely whatever you need for our support to make this happen.

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember last year you were wanting to do something like this.. definitely whatever you need for our support to make this happen.
Thanks! Yeah, if I get enough interest I can pin this or make it news to get more visibility.

When is the submit date? I would like to wait until October or good tree color (which every comes first or at all) to do it.
Pencilled in for October. October can be Halloween themed or even no real theme.

Looking to submit by the middle of October, so that all of November and December are available for ordering, shipping etc in time for Christmas and the new year.
Another good thing about Cafe Press, you can start your calendar whenever you want, so if you don't order until Feb, it can run Feb through Jan 2018.
If you have a current (High Res) photo, you can use that if you like it - it doesn't have to be new or never seen.
Note - everyone is welcome to submit/request/be involved. The more the merrier!

Reactions: ststang

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ingot silvers in December? Bing Crosby would love it (Silver bells!)
It's yours "J".

C'mon folks, step up and pick a month!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I should get July August September October November because the first letters all spell out my name. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I should get July August September October November because the first letters all spell out my name. Lol

I can do you a custom individual calendar if you'd like. We can discuss off-line.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I would certainly like to submit for August. Middle of summer...living in So. Cal...Convertible...and my birthday month.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would certainly like to submit for August. Middle of summer...living in So. Cal...Convertible...and my birthday month.
My birthday month too but I couldn't figure out a good theme to go with silver! Lol

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Original post updated.

Few months need volunteers to fill 'em!

If you have picked, no time like the present to go out and start plotting and executing your shot(s)

Reactions: Nach

·
Registered
213 Posts
Picking up my wide angle lens next week and just subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud for $9.99 a month. Photoshop and Lightroom included! Pics soon Squid!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've got a CMC Mustang cruise going to a state park this coming saturday. I'll be trying to get some sweet photos on that day for something more updated. I love my "stock" photo that you see in my avatar, but that just kinda boring considering the headway I've made since then.

·
Registered
810 Posts
A good theme for September would be football. Anyone have a favorite NFL/college football team out there? Use props or find a field you could photograph your car on with goalposts and such (ask permission, please!). Maybe have a local youth football team pose with your Stang.

Or how about cheerleaders? Now there's an idea for ya! :D

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Squid, How are we getting the photos to you? Ill do February...Groundhog Day, of course.
E-mail. I'll PM it out to people who volunteer. Thanks! Got you on the list for February.

A good theme for September would be football. Anyone have a favorite NFL/college football team out there? Use props or find a field you could photograph your car on with goalposts and such (ask permission, please!). Maybe have a local youth football team pose with your Stang.

Or how about cheerleaders? Now there's an idea for ya! :D
Only thing to remember that these will be on display in workplaces, homes with children, etc. Please remember to keep the photos "family friendly" or "work safe."

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.