Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
GREAT story, thank for posting... and while I agree with the quoted section above, we all know that getting these things, especially verts, down to less than 14 1/4 mile time is... well.. doable but requires some work. Enjoyed the history and your story none-the-less.
Kinda funny looking back at this post of mine thinking and even saying that getting down to less than a 14sec. 1/4 mile is tough. Especially because my own car now runs 13.2, and that was with street tires. Wonder if I could shave off 2/10th with the new wider (275's) meats on her.

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
82 Posts
I know that drive it if ya stole it thing. My wife gets at me all the time for that. She won't drive my mustang. Says it makes her drive too aggressively. Don't know why she complains she has a 2015 F-150 Ecoboost with it also modded. And I drive that one too like I stole it every chance I get.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had my F150 modded to the tune of 450 horse and 550 torque.....when I launch the cover on the sunroof slides all the way open.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay all you vert owners, sorry coupe folks, I want hear from you... tell us what you like most about owning a convertible, what you don't like about it, list out your modifications, or simply post a pic or two. I'm really curious what you folks are doing with yours, and how your experience of owning one has been.

To start this off, let me say that I love mine. I wanted a GT coupe they had here for sale, but the wife said no to that, mostly because she wanted the experience of driving with the top down, the Nav, the power and ventilated seats, and an automatic, all of which the GT I was looking at didn't have. Three months later, while I still somewhat crave for the power of a GT, I am really loving this EB convertible, and doing what I can, as I can to personalize it and make it unique.

My list of mods is fairly short at this point, and I'm hoping to get a tune into it later today. But at any rate, let's hear from the rest of you please.
View attachment 23477
Hey hey
Glad to see everyone loving this car , it’s really fn
Cool
Got a 2019 mustang eco boost premium vert last summer. It’s completely stock and I think I’m gunna keep it that way
Me and wifey love it Black on black
Top is always down
We went road tripping all summer all over Cali
Up the coast to Carmel and Pismo beach twice
Palm Springs and many trips through San Diego through HB California
Driving this convertible has been amazing and me and my wife of 20 years been having a blast

·
Registered
2019 EcoBoost performance package
241 Posts
It was interesting reading back over this. We moved back to Michigan last June (my wife had open heart surgery to repair the mitral valve and said that she misses family more than she hates Michigan winter).

I ended up trading my 2017 convertible in on a coupe, with the performance package. I really enjoy driving this Mustang and have had it on the road course at Gingerman. After living in the south with a convertible and dropping the top year round I decided a coupe was more practical in Michigan. BUT, I miss the convertible. Many days I think "I should drop the top it's nice out".

I may have to buy a convertible again

21 - 29 of 29 Posts