Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Very long time lurker first time poster. Thought I'd contribute to the introductions.

I've had my late 2017 build EcoBoost Mustang since early 2018. I've never had as much fun in any car as this one, and have grown very attach to it :) Like many others I've gone done the modding path and have currently installed:
  • AirRaid Intake
  • MBRP Cat Back Exhaust

New parts that arrived yesterday:
  • Turbosmart Kompact EM BOV Pump
  • Cobb AccessPort v3

Future Parts
CVF Street Intercooler! (Can't wait for this one)

I thought I'd install the BOV myself as it looked very plug an play. Though my toolset has let me down, but I will get there! One question if I may. When registering on the Cobb website to download the access manager, I'm asked for my Vehicle. The last component has me confused a bit. I'm not sure what Domestic Market code the Australian Mustangs would be. My options are:
  • CHDM
  • USDM
  • EDM
  • SKDM

I've seen one way to obtain this is via the AP itself, but I don't want to connect it to the car until it's updated via the management software.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Hi ADL is Adelaide right, if you are im around the corner.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome! I can confirm the EDM AccessPort classification and that a custom tune to cover variation in local fuel standards is a good step. Local tuning options are searchable under Distributors on the Cobb website. I've been delighted with CRD's dyno tune in Sydney. Maybe there are options for Adelaide.

Reactions: EcoBeastADL

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Don't go to Eastside Mustang. Terrible customer service and unless you have a GT they are not interested.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apologies all, I've been away on holiday for two weeks. Arrived back yesterday. Poor timing on my part with the original post. But thank you all for the suggestions :) purchased a PD Tune and sent through the request form today.

Hi @EcoBeastADL - we use EDM here in Aus. I recommend Ryan at PD Tuning for a custom tune and personally stay away from OTS maps as a preference.
Cheers, realised I didn't need the code to download the COBB software but it was good to know anyway. Confirmed when I hooked up the access port today :)

Hi ADL is Adelaide right, if you are im around the corner.
Correct, I may have seen yours around a couple times :) Will flick to you a PM to discuss.

Don't go to Eastside Mustang. Terrible customer service and unless you have a GT they are not interested.
Yep, heard this from many. Not considering them at all.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Your have fun over the weekend dialing in the tune.

I'll keep my eye out for the pm and happy help out with anything Mustang related or JDM or just cars in genral.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your have fun over the weekend dialing in the tune.

I'll keep my eye out for the pm and happy help out with anything Mustang related or JDM or just cars in genral.
Thanks mate. I wasn't expecting to receive the tune this weekend. I've seen PD is pretty busy and it may not be till next week till I get anything.

I'll try send you a message. I'm not sure if it's my newish profile but I can't message anyone haha.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Yeah PD normally have a 4 day turn around that might be a bit longer these days.

I think you need over 10 poststo PM

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Yeah find a very quiet isolated long flat straight road.

Don't try and log the pull the second you start doing it. Start logging before your ready to do the pull. Ryan can find the data he needs from the files. I would however do separate logs for each pull.

Don't be surprised if during the tuning process you either find something wrong that needs fixing or that the first few maps don't really do much.

It wasn't until about the 3rd or 4th revision my car come alive it just got better from there.

I also did my pulls in the evening in the same location to give some consistency to the tuning.

Don't forget to turn Traction control off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah find a very quiet isolated long flat straight road.

Don't try and log the pull the second you start doing it. Start logging before your ready to do the pull. Ryan can find the data he needs from the files. I would however do separate logs for each pull.

Don't be surprised if during the tuning process you either find something wrong that needs fixing or that the first few maps don't really do much.

It wasn't until about the 3rd or 4th revision my car come alive it just got better from there.

I also did my pulls in the evening in the same location to give some consistency to the tuning.

Don't forget to turn Traction control off.
Thanks mate greatly appreciated. I have a couple straight roads around here that would be ideal I think. Might try and do it as late as possible. It's been raining a bit during the day, and is currently at the moment, so this all might need to wait till it dries up a bit.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
No problem. You could always take a trip into the hills for the nice long quite roads there's a few around Strath.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll definitely keep that in mind. I found a nice road near home that allowed me to get from 3 - 6k. Didn't quite realise how fast that was until it was occurring haha. Managed to get the logs so hopefully they are good enough for Ryan to work his magic.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Hows the tuning going. The weathers been a bit **** but at least this weekend was pretty dry.

I got a few things done this weekend. New coil packs and Greddy boost gauge in the S14 and rotated the tyres on the Mustang.

The yellow jacket were the new ones but I was interested in the comparison vs the stock ones and the ones that were in there for the last seven years..

Nozzle Cylinder Gas Auto part Valve

Car Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Plant

Vehicle Automotive lighting Speedometer Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hows the tuning going. The weathers been a bit **** but at least this weekend was pretty dry.

I got a few things done this weekend. New coil packs and Greddy boost gauge in the S14 and rotated the tyres on the Mustang.

The yellow jacket were the new ones but I was interested in the comparison vs the stock ones and the ones that were in there for the last seven years..
Yes the weather has been terrible! And I'm just getting over the flu at the moment. I received the third revision on Thursday but haven't been well enough to go out. Might give it a try tomorrow but so far it's been pretty good. I just noticed you had the PD burble tune. Might have to give that a go one day.

Nice mods on the S14!

I'm due for new tires on the Mustang. The initial stock Pirelli's were taken off by Ford after about 10k and they put these absolutely garbage Falken ones on because I said I wanted something that lasted a bit longer. They are so loud! IMO there wasn't anything wrong with the Pirelli's.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
1,236 Posts
Yes the weather has been terrible! And I'm just getting over the flu at the moment. I received the third revision on Thursday but haven't been well enough to go out. Might give it a try tomorrow but so far it's been pretty good. I just noticed you had the PD burble tune. Might have to give that a go one day.

Nice mods on the S14!

I'm due for new tires on the Mustang. The initial stock Pirelli's were taken off by Ford after about 10k and they put these absolutely garbage Falken ones on because I said I wanted something that lasted a bit longer. They are so loud! IMO there wasn't anything wrong with the Pirelli's.
Sorry to hear you haven't been well. I had Covid a few weeks ago and it really got me bad and im fully vaxed. Still getting over the last of it now 3 weeks later.

Good to here the tuning is going well. Yeah the burble is fun. Gets all the girls apparently.

The Pirellis are good summer tyres sticky as fuck but don't last that long at all and those that are in colder climates didn't get the benefit from them nor would they hold the road because the struggled to get up to temp.

My I suggest the Dayton DT30 by Bridgestone there $225 each fitted and im really impressed with them so far.

The S14 is my little but very expensive side project.

It will have a R35 AFM and Nistune soon to take it approx 350Whp depending on the route I take with either new injectors or leaving the stock ones and uping the fuel pressure. Not decided yet. I think 350 is the sweet spot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts