Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I've had this car for awhile I've been learning more and more about the turbo platform. But I'm still fairly dumb when it comes to alot of things.

So my question is ...... Does it make sense to drop $100+ on an upgraded BOV?

And if it is...why? And I need something besides "because of the sound!" Lol. I don't want a VTA as I'm not a huge fan of the super loud "pssshhh" or as I refer to it "sploosh" (Archer fan here).

·
Registered
639 Posts
As I've had this car for awhile I've been learning more and more about the turbo platform. But I'm still fairly dumb when it comes to alot of things.

And if it is...why? And I need something besides "because of the sound!" Lol. I don't want a VTA as I'm not a huge fan of the super loud "pssshhh" or as I refer to it "sploosh" (Archer fan here).
The factory bypass valve is made of plastic and can't handle as much boost. Alot of the aftermarket valves can handle more boost. I've got a turbosnart BOV and it can handle up to 32+ psi boost. Go fast bits has an upgraded one that doesn't add that pssshhh sound.

·
Registered
403 Posts

There are NO dumb questions, not really. Joshua made a valid point about the OEM BOV, my response is that if you haven’t surpassed the capabilities of the stock blow off valve you don’t ”need” to change it.
Your money would be better spent on a new intercooler, better flowing air filter, a less restrictive exhaust, and a tune.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I've got all that. Stock airbox with high flow filter, CV fab street intercooler, remark exhaust that just got delivered today, and the FP tune. Still kicking around the idea of adding the CV fab catted downpipe but I'm a bit worried I may over boost and go boom...was down that road twice with my '15.

·
Registered
403 Posts
So I've got all that. Stock airbox with high flow filter, CV fab street intercooler, remark exhaust that just got delivered today, and the FP tune. Still kicking around the idea of adding the CV fab catted downpipe but I'm a bit worried I may over boost and go boom...was down that road twice with my '15.
Awesome! Again if the BOV is still holding up and not leaking you don’t need to change it.
The catted downpipe, well the FP tune is not designed to accommodate that, so you should get another tune. Having said that there are people with the FP tune running down pipes with no issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts