Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ( and gals) ,
I was able to visit Las Vegas last week and took some time to visit the Shelby American Museum and Production Facility, thought that I would post the pics here for you all to enjoy.

If you are in the Vegas area, I highly encourage the visit, it is just off the strip and easily reachable by bus ( the Deuce Strip Transport - South ) with a short walk from the bus stop location to the facility. If you can, take the tour they offer, its about an hour but it's entertaining and really gives you some insight to Carroll and the Ford rivalry with Ferrari, plus some good trivia and insight around the whole Le Mans legend that spawned the movie. Also every single employee that I encountered, from the tour guides to the engineers and mechanics to the gift shop operators are super passionate about what they do, their love of the Shelby brand and what it means, automotive performance in general, and the man himself.

Enjoy!
Price of admission: 100% FREE

IMGUR link:

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I would love to visit the Museum one day.
Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More than welcome. It was great to be around folks who share a love of automotive performance and history. If you can get to Vegas, make time one morning to visit, you'll end up spending more time there than you realize :)

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
Literally just finished watching Ford Vs. Ferrari before seeing this thread! Are we in the Matrix?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Awesome! I absolutely love the daytonas, beautiful cars. Wouldn’t mind doing a replica kit some day.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
I go to Vegas 3 or 4 times a year and I always go to Shelby. Every-time I go there it's a game to see if I spend enough in the gift shop to get it sent home free($300 bucks or more) and I think I have fail once maybe twice. Always enjoy it though, it's interesting to see the showroom changing constantly and seeing what cars they sell and what they replace them with

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I go to Vegas 3 or 4 times a year and I always go to Shelby. Every-time I go there it's a game to see if I spend enough in the gift shop to get it sent home free($300 bucks or more) and I think I have fail once maybe twice. Always enjoy it though, it's interesting to see the showroom changing constantly and seeing what cars they sell and what they replace them with
Agreed, I may have spent quite a bit there myself. Sadly they don't have too much in the way of performance parts for the Eco, ( yet) so I didn't spend the amounts I could have. My wife and I are also Very frequent Vegas visitors, but oddly this was my first trip to Shelby. I'll definitely be adding it to my list of "must visit" every trip. Looking to do Kount's Kustoms and Welder Up! next trip as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Agreed, I may have spent quite a bit there myself. Sadly they don't have too much in the way of performance parts for the Eco, ( yet) so I didn't spend the amounts I could have. My wife and I are also Very frequent Vegas visitors, but oddly this was my first trip to Shelby. I'll definitely be adding it to my list of "must visit" every trip. Looking to do Kount's Kustoms and Welder Up! next trip as well.
Count's Customs is a good place been there a few times and they keep rotating stuff in and out of the showroom(basically to keep the stuff they do on the TV show). Weld-r-up was fun but it literally smells like a moldy fish tank and it is humid as can be in that place. Only been there once and don't really have a desire to go back. Don't go to the pawn stars pawn shop its a joke. If you haven't done the mob museum I highly suggest that but don't get suckered into buy the package for the neon lights vintage sign tours( I would recommend that to nobody)

But it Vegas I mainly go to shows and a little gambling

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Same here, Shows, Gambling and Drinking mostly for us, But I try to sneak in a little fun stuff while I'm there. Good info on Counts and Weld-r-up, thanks for that. I also have zero desire to do the neon tour or the pawn shop but love the Mob Museum, especially the speakeasy in the basement now that it's open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts