Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2016 EcoBoost Deep Impact Blue . 3"downpipe,catback exhaust.C&L Blow Off Valve19"MSW rims.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I need to replace the wastegate actuator on my 2016. It's stock, except for a 3 in downpipe and muffler delete. I bought it that way. My questions are, 1. Where can I find a stock replacement that won't drain my wallet?

2., are they easy to replace, and is there a video, or information on how to?

And 3., Ford is telling me that I need to replace the whole turbo at just above a thousand bucks. I hope that it can be replaced easily by myself and a few cuss words.

Any help, or directions where to go would be greatly appreciated 馃檹

Thanks in advance.

Premium Member
Hey folks, I need to replace the wastegate actuator on my 2016. It's stock, except for a 3 in downpipe and muffler delete. I bought it that way. My questions are, 1. Where can I find a stock replacement that won't drain my wallet?

And 3., Ford is telling me that I need to replace the whole turbo at just above a thousand bucks. I hope that it can be replaced easily by myself and a few cuss words.

Thanks in advance.
TurboSmart makes a good replacement.

Rectangle Bumper Font Packaging and labeling Carton

Registered
There should be several videos on you tube showing how to replace the waste gate actuator.

BD

Premium Member

Thanks in advance.
Sorry! I posted the wrong picture. If you do decide to go with the TurboSmart wastegate, remember to get the one with the 7 lb spring!!

PS: I purchased both replacement wastegate and bypass valve from EMS (engineered motorsport solutions).
Font Rectangle Gas Tin Cigarette

Registered
2016 EcoBoost Deep Impact Blue . 3"downpipe,catback exhaust.C&L Blow Off Valve19"MSW rims.
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Friends, I got the 7lb wastegate actuator from turbosmart. It was installed by me in about 2 hours. Only pain in the ass is the heat shield only has 1 bolt holding on. The others wouldn't line up.馃し鈥嶁檪锔 Someday, I will have to get the turbo heat wrapped. Anyhow, thanks for the info and help. Have a Happy Thanksgiving .

Premium Member
Friends, I got the 7lb wastegate actuator from turbosmart. It was installed by me in about 2 hours. Only pain in the ass is the heat shield only has 1 bolt holding on. The others wouldn't line up.馃し鈥嶁檪锔 Someday, I will have to get the turbo heat wrapped. Anyhow, thanks for the info and help. Have a Happy Thanksgiving .
I don't run the OEM heat shield. In my opinion, it traps heat against the engine block. And I to would like a turbo jacket, but for now, I'm using exhaust wrap.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Motor vehicle Automotive design

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't run the OEM heat shield. In my opinion, it traps heat against the engine block. And I to would like a turbo jacket, but for now, I'm using exhaust wrap. View attachment 43814
Where can I find the exhaust wrap? And is it easy to install? I have a strut Tower Brace that is kind of running over the turbo area.

Registered

Premium Member
Where can I find the exhaust wrap? And is it easy to install? I have a strut Tower Brace that is kind of running over the turbo area.
I got mine from eBay also, fairly cheap. Plus, I wrap it as tight as possible and keep it in place with baling or mechanics wire.

Reactions: Buldawg76
1 - 10 of 10 Posts