Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently have noticed a slight water leak in my 2017 ecoboost on the passenger side of the dash at the spot showing in the attached pic. I've owned the car for a little over a year and a half and it just turned over 33k miles. There is an older post on in this forum about a leak presenting itself in the same location. The post is old, so I'm re-posting on this subject now for any ideas you might have. I checked the cabin air filter and, though it needed changed, it was perfectly dry and no indication that water was coming in from there. Also, it seems the location of where the water is at is above the level of where the cold air inlet would be. Has anyone else had this issue? I'll be calling the dealer soon and hopefully my aftermarket warranty will cover this. Thank you for your ideas.
Wheel Helmet Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a mouse nest under my battery that blocked up a drain with a plastic flapper valve. I cleaned that all out and I haven't had the problem since. Although it's primarily in a garage these days and that happened after two days of heavy rain while it was outside one weekend. There were some posts on another forum that pointed me in that direction. I'll try to track that down and link it.

·
Registered
86 Posts

There are some pictures of what I'm talking about here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

There are some pictures of what I'm talking about here
StuckXJ: So you had the same issue with yours? And to clarify, what year is your Mustang? I'm going to pull the battery tonight and check. I have an appt with the Ford dealer to get it looked at but I'd rather not shell out $ if its an easy fix. Thank you for your response and the link.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yea, I had the same issue. Hasn't been q problem since but it's been garaged since then too. But I def had a leak and a blockage in the "flapper valve" under the battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts