Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Performance
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just discovered that water seems to be getting in the car under the passenger seat. I happened to drop something under the seat and realized that the carpet was really wet. I did get the car washed on Monday but it's weird it's on the inside close to the center arm rest and only in that spot. I don't eat or drink in the car gotta respect the ride 馃槣 Soo I'm baffled. It's hard to capture on camera so I placed a piece of paper towel to so you all can how much water is gathering there. has anyone ever encountered this?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Nope hardtop. That's what makes it soo weird! I'm so curious to find out the cause.

Premium Member
It will probably be one of the following:

1. Leak around bottom windshield seal (Check side of dash hidden behind passenger door for water trails).

2. Leak around the A-Pillar.

3. Your Aircon condensate tube is blocked or the Evaporator is on the way out. (Check for water moisture in the cabin filter).

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check it out and provide an update.

Registered
Justa thought. I had condensation under my drivers seat. Your passenger seat (coz we drive on the correct side of the road............. joking)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I think we finally discovered the problem. The dealer and I tried but to no avail for a few months. It wasn't until last week that we noticed that the rubber door trim was damaged and was channeling the water behind the passenger seat. Weird thing is at first glance it looks in perfect condition. Changed it out and I'm all good! Lucky I keep my car covered. Feels good to be back out door! 馃グ馃グ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts