Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2019 10 speed auto eco boost and noticed this weird knocking like noise after the car is at operating temp. The knock is not consistent and doesn't get worse as I accelerate you only hear it at the very end when the rpms settle it goes away I was told it was the vacuum pump but would like to get other opinions as well. no knock counts at all everything seems to look okay on the logs. No power loss runs great I just hear that weird noise on the ass end of the rpm right before it hits idle. thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Worn defective engine mounts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Worn defective engine mounts?

no its not that its hard to explain but if I slightly rev it when the rpms fall its makes the knocking noise but when it idles or I accelerate it goes away and its not consistent as per say rod knock which is good but I still want to figure it out

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
no its not that its hard to explain but if I slightly rev it when the rpms fall its makes the knocking noise but when it idles or I accelerate it goes away and its not consistent as per say rod knock which is good but I still want to figure it out
Could you possibly take a video of a sample of 'the knock', and post it here?

·
Registered
128 Posts
the base idle needs to be raised. my race car had a low idle, no load LSPI knock. i had ryan raise the base idle to 950 and the idle knock went away but was still there when the engine was slightly loaded from the cooling fan cycling on at idle. it sounded horrible. i had him revise the tune to increase the base idle to 1200 and it's gone. he also informed me that he uses 1200 as a base idle on his RS.

the site won't let me post a mp4 file or i'd share the video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts