Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay quick refresher my Dad bought a new 2017 left over eco boost premium coupe with performance package. It would randomly stall and cut out when driving and some times would not restart. It was towed to two different dealers and neither could fix it because no codes were displayed. After starting lemon law proceedings ford decides to send out a FSE rep. They find that the car has poor pin connections to the fuel pump and the fuel pump control module. Here is the kicker, the service manager drove the car home and it died on him he removed the back seat and jiggles the harness by the fuel pump and control module and the car restarted, but ford tells him without a code he can't order anything so they let the car sit at the dealer ship for 6 weeks before they can send out the FSE guy to approve repairs. At this point the car seems fine but is eligible for lemon law buy back, and I am not really sure what to do. My Dad had passed while the car sat at the dealership for over a month and I am unsure which path I should take.

·
Registered
877 Posts
First , condolences on your loss. I lost my dad nearly 20 years ago, he gave me my interest in cars. Next, screw Ford, proceed with the lemon law path. Don’t know the circumstances but your dad may have enjoyed the car more before passing, if not for their incompetence.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First , condolences on your loss. I lost my dad nearly 20 years ago, he gave me my interest in cars. Next, screw Ford, proceed with the lemon law path. Don’t know the circumstances but your dad may have enjoyed the car more before passing, if not for their incompetence.
Thanks,
That is very true he did not get to use the car nearly enough as it sat at their dealerships while they scratched their heads and said nothing is wrong. To date car only has 5700 miles on it. You are right I should screw ford and lemon law it. I guess I just feel sad with the whole situation, he was so happy when he got it I guess it is just emotions clouding my judgement. If it was my car I would have shoved it up their ass.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have posted my path to the lemon law buy back/replacement on mustang6g.

Its been a nightmare. Our cases are different in that i want a replacement but while ford has agreed to this no Ford dealership will assist Ford OEM as they don't like how Ford OEM controls how they sale the car taken in as a lemon.

On the Buy back unless you do it through the state and not Ford Rav you have to go to the dealership the car was purchased as no other dealership will buy back the car.

I have two options left in my case. GA arbitration which will force OEM to provide a car in 40 days no matter what it cost them to get a dealership to agree or try one more dealership the one i bought my car at for a replacement seeing they already made money on my car it doesn't negatively affect them like it does a different dealership and hope they will otherwise back to option 1. Problem is they are a few hours away and all the multiple drives to complete is why i haven't attempted them plus no guarantee they will assist.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Lost mine in 2005.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes we have been going through the state attorney general in Florida. That is a shame to hear, it is a sad day when companies sell vehicles they can't repair, and then make if difficult for the customers when it comes time to replacing them under the law.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts