Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've posted this about a month ago, but i'm gonna post it again to see if i can get my issue out to some new eyes. i've installed my cold air intake and followed everything that the instructions said to do. But i am hearing this thumping/knocking sound come from the engine bay, from the inside of the car it sounds like knocking or popping. It also sounds like it is coming from the left side of my engine area. The sound only happens when i accelerate/decelerate. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
With the aftermarket intake you can now clearly hear the operation of the electronic blowoff valve.
The electronic blow off valve is a simple solenoid design that pops open or slams shut making an audible noise, the electric throttle body will make some noise as well by self modulating the metal shutter open and closed independent of throttle input to maintain desired engine operating conditions and torque output.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
With the aftermarket intake you can now clearly hear the operation of the electronic blowoff valve.
The electronic blow off valve is a simple solenoid design that pops open or slams shut making an audible noise, the electric throttle body will make some noise as well by self modulating the metal shutter open and closed independent of throttle input to maintain desired engine operating conditions and torque output.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk
Is this a problem or no problem. I just installed one and does the same thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same pop or soft knock sound coming from the engine bay after recently installing some upgrades (including Roush CAI). To me it sounds like an air bubble of sorts somewhere in the intake tube that leads into turbo but not quite sure.

I noticed it last night after I revved on the driveway past 3k rpm and can only be audible when letting off the gas and revs start to come down. Not sure if it also does this while driving as it was the first day after modifications and haven't really heard it enough.

I am glad a couple of you have mentioned in some threads it should be of no concern.

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I had mentioned in that other thread on this issue, that I had the same problem.
Even checking every connection, coupling, etc.
The knocking sound was definitely something to do with the Roush CAI, as the other week, I decided to remove the CAI and instead go back to the stock box with just a drop in high flow oiled filter.
As soon as I did this, the sound was gone for good.

Reactions: srxshadow

·
Registered
3 Posts
i've posted this about a month ago, but i'm gonna post it again to see if i can get my issue out to some new eyes. i've installed my cold air intake and followed everything that the instructions said to do. But i am hearing this thumping/knocking sound come from the engine bay, from the inside of the car it sounds like knocking or popping. It also sounds like it is coming from the left side of my engine area. The sound only happens when i accelerate/decelerate. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
I just installed my roush CAI on my 2019 mustang ecoboost and I have the exact same problem. I work at an autoshop and I asked our master tech to help me listen to the sound and help me find where its coming from and he said that its coming from the turbo itself. Every time I drive it past 3-4k rmp or every time the turbo hits, it makes the knocking sound. I dont know if that knocking sound is normal and should i just leave it be or is it something serious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts