Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post here! and I’d like to know your guys’ suggestion if the mods I plan on getting for my current stock mustang is a good start.

List of mods that I plan on getting:
Cobb access port
MBRP race exhaust
JLT 3.0 oil catch can
NGK spark plugs pregapped by Tune+
CVF Street intercooler
K&N Drop in filter

after I get these mods, approximately how much do you think it’ll cost for them to get installed? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looks good to me. If you're not buying all at once and if you are in a warmer climate definitely the IC should be priority. IMHO. Cost? Hard to say that can vary from shop to shop and zip code to zip code. I do all my own work so hard to guess also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good to me. If you're not buying all at once and if you are in a warmer climate definitely the IC should be priority. IMHO. Cost? Hard to say that can vary from shop to shop and zip code to zip code. I do all my own work so hard to guess also.
Thanks for the reply,
First, I’m leaning towards buying MBRP Exhaust, NGK spark plugs, K&N filter, and CVF Intercooler in a bundle all at once. (RIP wallet)
After I get those puppies installed, I want to finish it up with a Cobb access port, Oil catch can, and a Lifetime tune from Tune+ (And maybe a HKS BOV they sound so good..)
I think I am going to take your route and plan on installing most of the mods myself to avoid paying for labor. I just came back to Oregon from California and it’s been pretty tough to find a good garage I can trust anyways.

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
908 Posts
Personally I wouldn't bother with a BOV its nothing more then a sound effect at this level of tune.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I really enjoy the sound. It’s just expensive. Lol if I don’t have loud exhaust Atleast I can whistle

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
Looks like a good list. Also looks like a list of things I installed myself in my driveway...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the reply,
First, I’m leaning towards buying MBRP Exhaust, NGK spark plugs, K&N filter, and CVF Intercooler in a bundle all at once. (RIP wallet)
After I get those puppies installed, I want to finish it up with a Cobb access port, Oil catch can, and a Lifetime tune from Tune+ (And maybe a HKS BOV they sound so good..)
I think I am going to take your route and plan on installing most of the mods myself to avoid paying for labor. I just came back to Oregon from California and it’s been pretty tough to find a good garage I can trust anyways.
a fellow eco owning oregonian!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Lifetime tunes won’t do any good
A year from now they may cease to further tune or adjust cars

·
Registered
2017 PP MT DD
908 Posts
Lifetime tunes won’t do any good
A year from now they may cease to further tune or adjust cars
They have been saying that since also long as I can remember. As long as there is a will there will be a way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
MBRP race edition is an unbelievable sounding exhaust. Definitely a must.
Unplug your ANC mic as well.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was lucky enough to have the MBRP cat back, and the Cheap Spec-D cat back kit at the same time. I liked both, nothing bad to say about either. But I ended up sticking with the Spec-D, To my ears it sounds better, nice rumble sound to it. was worried it would sound like a car stuck in a Vacuum. But I was honestly super happy. And at less than $350 for full a cat back, I could help but keep it.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I was lucky enough to have the MBRP cat back, and the Cheap Spec-D cat back kit at the same time. I liked both, nothing bad to say about either. But I ended up sticking with the Spec-D, To my ears it sounds better, nice rumble sound to it. was worried it would sound like a car stuck in a Vacuum. But I was honestly super happy. And at less than $350 for full a cat back, I could help but keep it.
there is not a single video on YouTube with that exhaust spec d, its like 300 bucks on amazon. blows my mind

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MBRP race edition is an unbelievable sounding exhaust. Definitely a must.
Unplug your ANC mic as well.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Yea I installed my MBRP Race exhaust last week and I’m so happy with how it sounds. Looking to upgrade my intercooler, charge pipe and Down pipe for my next move, I’m excited!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Accessport, Plugs and K&N are easy installs. The exhaust, intercooler and catch can take a bit more skill (and ideally, a lift if you have access to one). No experience with a BOV.

·
Registered
31 Posts
there is not a single video on YouTube with that exhaust spec d, its like 300 bucks on amazon. blows my mind
I know Right? I should post mine on YouTube. I rolled the dice because....well amazon..if I hate it UPS picks it up the next day and money back. I thought "it will probably sound like crap, or it wont line up right, or hang properly" But to my pleasant surprise the quality was as good as any other, the sound exceeded my exceptions, and the fit was spot on. Think I paid $329 free 2 day shipping, took maybe an hour and a half to put on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi everyone, this is my first post here! and I’d like to know your guys’ suggestion if the mods I plan on getting for my current stock mustang is a good start.

List of mods that I plan on getting:
Cobb access port
MBRP race exhaust
JLT 3.0 oil catch can
NGK spark plugs pregapped by Tune+
CVF Street intercooler
K&N Drop in filter

after I get these mods, approximately how much do you think it’ll cost for them to get installed? Thanks in advance!
This is a good list of not just starter mods, but its a good list for easy ways to start doing mods on your own and growing your confidence in doing things on your own. Most of these can only go on/in one way. The exhaust is really straight forward once you get under the car. The same goes for the intercooler.

or perhaps you do know how to do these things already but just don't have the time. In that case disregard what I said and know I meant no condescending tone. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts