Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
That will make the turbo louder and the engine louder without ruining my warranty
It will all depend on your dealer. But you can do intake BOV and or downpipe and catback exhaust. I had full bolts with no voided warranty. But that was my dealer. Yours could be different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will all depend on your dealer. But you can do intake BOV and or downpipe and catback exhaust. I had full bolts with no voided warranty. But that was my dealer. Yours could be different

I was also looking at cai the one the dealer sells is just the cone but online it’s a whole set up can I just switch filters or do I need the whole housing

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was also looking at cai the one the dealer sells is just the cone but online it’s a whole set up can I just switch filters or do I need the whole housing
The mustangs have a great factory air box just do a drop in filter and if you really want airaid sell the tube from the factory box to your turbo. You don’t need anything else for your intake or you are just wasting money

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
I am not sure I understand what is being said here? Are you saying an entire cold air intake does not have to be purchased? We can just use what is there and change out the high capacity air filter?
Yes, the stock airbox actually is a cold air intake that pulls air in from in front of the radiator. You can just pull out the stock filter for a high flow filter. It's been tested and make more power that most if not all aftermarket systems. You only really want an aftermarket CAI if you want the sound of a CAI.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am not sure I understand what is being said here? Are you saying an entire cold air intake does not have to be purchased? We can just use what is there and change out the high capacity air filter?
Just change the filter. Leave stock box. But if you want slightly better to support further mods then do the Airaid intake tube as well.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
8 Posts
Yes, the stock airbox actually is a cold air intake that pulls air in from in front of the radiator. You can just pull out the stock filter for a high flow filter. It's been tested and make more power that most if not all aftermarket systems. You only really want an aftermarket CAI if you want the sound of a CAI.
What about with getting a custom tune? Will the stock intake still be good with the high flow filter? This is a question I’ve had for a little while, cause I’ve seen a lot of people still replace their intake even though they also say the stock one is really good. Is that solely for the aftermarket CAI sound, or does it have an impact for tuning?

·
Registered
26 Posts
What about with getting a custom tune? Will the stock intake still be good with the high flow filter? This is a question I’ve had for a little while, cause I’ve seen a lot of people still replace their intake even though they also say the stock one is really good. Is that solely for the aftermarket CAI sound, or does it have an impact for tuning?
As long as you do a high flow drop in it will work fine with a custom tune. But if you want to hear a bit more turbo noise then I recommend doing an Airaid full CAI. Or you can get the Airaid tube along with the GT350 stock air box That’s a great combination

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
FWIW, i have had stock, syovk eith high flow filter, JLT CAI ( big tube like Airaid) and GT350 CAI with stock tube. There is not enough difference in power between any of them to be detected by the butt dyno.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts