Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cobb accessport and a custom tune with net you the most gains.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This, I don't understand... Ask one question in the title (and spell an important word wrong), and the first post asks a different, unrelated question... o_O Oh, and no punctuation?? :censored:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Turbotigger604 ‘s advice is dead on, Cobb‘s accessport will allow you to remove the speed limiter.

This, I don't understand... Ask one question in the title (and spell an important word wrong), and the first post asks a different, unrelated question... o_O Oh, and no punctuation?? :censored:
This guy gave no good advice....he seems to be under the impression that this is a spelling and grammar forum.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The actual device that you plug into your car is not important. It is the talent of the person that actually creates the tune file.

Whether the device is made by Cobb, SCT, Diablosport, HP-Tuners, N-Gauge or Livernois they all are just a tool to transfer a tune file to the cars ECU. Once the car is tuned they all provide some other features such as data logging, reading/clearing DTCs, and monitoring engine parameters. Cobb and SCT also have the ability to change the tune file on the fly.

The best advice you can get is talk to some tuners and and choose one you are comfortable with and buy the device they work with. Also, keep in mind that the canned tune files that come with the device are quite conservative and there won't be enough difference from one to the other to make a difference to the butt dyno.

And, FWIW, the fastest Ecoboost Mustangs in the 1/4 are almost exclusively tuned with either the SCT or HP Tuners platform.

Dave

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I have had the FP tune on my 17 for the last 40k miles. It is every bit as good as a stage 1 tune from anyone else.

As long as you have no plans to modify car beyond the tune, exhaust and intercooler it is a very good choice.

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts