Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2015 Ecoboost convertible. Love the MBRP exhaust, but it doesn't fit the convertible. Magnaflo is just too darned expensive. Any other options to consider? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,074 Posts
Do a search on the forum for "Moxman's exhaust" -- he did it to be able to put an exhaust on a convertible.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I've got a 2015 Ecoboost convertible. Love the MBRP exhaust, but it doesn't fit the convertible. Magnaflo is just too darned expensive. Any other options to consider? Thanks!
Or just straight pipe it (i.e. delete the resonator and mufflers).

·
Registered
177 Posts
I went with the Ford Performance by Borla Sport Catback. It fits

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this due to the extra brace that the convertible has? if so couldn't you just remove the brace and install exhaust and put brace back on?
Unless the brace is welded on i can't fathom why this couldn't be done. I just bought a convertible ecoboost too so i'm in the same boat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this due to the extra brace that the convertible has? if so couldn't you just remove the brace and install exhaust and put brace back on?
Unless the brace is welded on i can't fathom why this couldn't be done. I just bought a convertible ecoboost too so i'm in the same boat.
For my vert, I’m using CCG cat back exhaust. 3” mandrel pipes all the way. The guy that installed for me had to remove the brace, installed the exhaust, and then put the brace back. However, because it’s 3”, it hits the brace and so you need to put spacers on rear side of the brace so it clears the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know you said the magnaflo is too expensive but dayam it sounds good!! None of that popping when i come off-throttle and doesn't sound like a weed-eater!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know you said the magnaflo is too expensive but dayam it sounds good!! None of that popping when i come off-throttle and doesn't sound like a weed-eater!
Great to hear!! I loved the Magnaflow on my RAM and bit the bullet for my Vert!! It arrives today. I went with the black tips.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried to make it work. Vendor gave me some hints by still hits the support plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
For my vert, I’m using CCG cat back exhaust. 3” mandrel pipes all the way. The guy that installed for me had to remove the brace, installed the exhaust, and then put the brace back. However, because it’s 3”, it hits the brace and so you need to put spacers on rear side of the brace so it clears the exhaust pipes.
Any chance you have pics showing the pipe and the braces?
Possibly the spacers?
I really want to add a full 3 inch system.
Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, there do not seem to be many options for "bolt on kits". I am thinking of getting an EB Premium convertible with AT in another year or so. I have an MBRP Street catback on my EB coupe now and I am totally satisfied. However, it's not available for the convertible....and I cannot find anything except the Borla mentioned above for almost 3 times the cost of the MBRP, and I suspect it is much louder than I want.

Any idea? I would not want to have to modify the convertible just to get a cat-back exhaust. I don't think I would get an EB convertible with its stock sound....probably go for a GT coupe instead...and then want the Active Exhaust to keep the loudness down as needed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow, there do not seem to be many options for "bolt on kits". I am thinking of getting an EB Premium convertible with AT in another year or so. I have an MBRP Street catback on my EB coupe now and I am totally satisfied. However, it's not available for the convertible....and I cannot find anything except the Borla mentioned above for almost 3 times the cost of the MBRP, and I suspect it is much louder than I want.

Any idea? I would not want to have to modify the convertible just to get a cat-back exhaust. I don't think I would get an EB convertible with its stock sound....probably go for a GT coupe instead...and then want the Active Exhaust to keep the loudness down as needed.

Thanks.
Just put a Black coated MBRP cat back on an 18 eco, looks to me like pretty much all of them do fit, you or your mechanic just have to remove the extra brace, install the exhaust, then put the brace back on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts