Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to gauge some info on what blow-off valves everyone seems to prefer. I have been looking at the Turbosmart Kompact Shortie Dual Port and the Turbosmart Kompact EM Plumb Back.

Any input is appreciated! New to mods for the Ecoboost.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I've read a handful of accounts in the past year or so about problems with the Turbosmart electrical clip, connecting to the OEM plug. I'd steer clear. I'd go either with the GFB kits or a Boomba replacement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've read a handful of accounts in the past year or so about problems with the Turbosmart electrical clip, connecting to the OEM plug. I'd steer clear. I'd go either with the GFB kits or a Boomba replacement.
i have the Kompact EM Dual Port VR2 -- no issues with the clip --except the time i didn't properly attach bc i rushed install to make sound clips. the wire harness is closer to the intake tube than i would like but GFB VTA is even tighter fit w/ stock hot side pipe. i like the idea of putting the BOV on the cold side w/ HKS or Tial but the additional expenses add up quickly for that. fwiw, the classic $60 spacer that utilizes the stock BPV with its hair trigger spring is a waste of money imo.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
the classic $60 spacer that utilizes the stock BPV with its hair trigger spring is a waste of money imo
Agreed. Either replace the valve in its entirety to your liking (either BOV or recirculate) OR use the GFB bits to upgrade your stock valve (again to whatever you want) ... but the spacers are not worth it, in my opinion. You can get the exact same effect by disconnecting your recirculating tube and plugging your air intake.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
There is no real advantage to replacing the stock BOV (except for sound if venting to atmosphere), unless you are highly tuned and pushing the limits of increased boost.
I have not heard of any cases of the stock BOV (not being faulty), not holding boost in stock or lightly tuned cars.
I hear more problems caused by owners installing an aftermarket BOV, than any other mod.
My advice ... Leave it stock, and if you just want the "Pssssh" venting noise, simply disconnect the hose going to the intake and plug the inlet on the intake tube with a chair protector cap.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have CPE HKS cold side bov, it feels snappier but could be me. it doesn't purge while driving, oem recirculates for economy ro something, I don't know. I paid 550 for the HKS+cold charge pipe, it isn't cheap, but turns heads everywhere. loud as fuck

heres mine.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have CPE HKS cold side bov, it feels snappier but could be me. it doesn't purge while driving, oem recirculates for economy ro something, I don't know. I paid 550 for the HKS+cold charge pipe, it isn't cheap, but turns heads everywhere. loud as fuck
Sounds nice.
Unfortunately, in Australia, it is illegal though, and I would hazard a guess the same would be true in many other countries.
Our BOV must not vent to directly to atmosphere. :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
i enjoy the HKS whistle. of course i 'found' sound clips of the HKS after already spending ~$400 on my BOV fetish b/w 3 varieties. for anyone interested -- you can find the HKS for $206. additionally image.jpeg
image.jpeg optional if you don't wanna splice your existing vacuum line
image.jpeg if you want to use stock cold side hose + you'll need a couple clamps $10

i like the idea of buying CVF cold side pipe for $80 and if you know a good Welder have them cut/weld the small adapter flange - which im not sure is provided with HKS purchase so could be another additional cost.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a GFB DV+ and the Turbosmart Shortie recirc/plumbback model if you want them. Turbosmart piece is new in box, and GFB has been used but I'll include the solenoid with it so you don't risk breaking your origonal like I did twice lol

PM me if interested and I can probably cut you a good deal. I got rid of my car not long ago and have been finding homes for parts lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts