Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not the most mechanically inclined, I'll admit that, but I can't for the life of me get the J&L OSC 3.0 Catch-Can intake plug installed.
I tried for an hour and a half before giving up. No matter what I do it won't slide all the way up and lock into place. So much wiggling and trying to make sure it was pushing on straight...
There's a little electric plug sort of in the way with a yellow tab on it, I thought about trying to slide that off but it's fragile and I can't tell exactly how to slip it off its plug and don't know if I could get it back on with the small amount of wiggle room there is back there.

The connectors for the intake side of the catch can don't even look like they're the same size (see photo).
Is J&L selling the wrong fittings? or am I just going crazy?
I have the 2020 model ecoboost mustang (non-hpp). I'm so frustratedddd

Will attempt again tomorrow once I let my hands recover.
Almost ready to throw this catch can in the garbage I'm so sick of it lol

Any tips or helpful videos would be great, I can't seem to find any that have an issue getting this stupid connector on. What is the secret!?

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Camera accessory

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried again. Even took the hose off the can to guide it through and twist it.
Still no dice! Pics of how far it will go on. I have a long metal pry bar I got behind it and with gentle steady force IT STILL WON'T GO ON! (and yes I'm pushing where it says push to be sure the clip is open. Still won't slip any higher.

I think I'll put the oem hose back on and just see if my mechanic can do it. But seriously WTFFF

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought pushing it in pushed the sides "out" so that they would allow it to slide on? like the white one that I removed I "pushed" down on it, the side pushed out and it popped off.
If I look inside the connector while I push the green down, it opens up or spreads out.... But I'll try tomorrow. Thanks for the tips!

I was determined to get SOMETHING done today, so I:
1.) Got the hydraulic hood struts mounted! So much better than the flimsy metal stick.
2.) Installed the Roush cold air intake
3.) Flashed a 91 octane stage1 tune with the new cobb :love:

Enjoyed the night after the initial frustration of the day 😁
The turbo sounds like it breathes a little better and the tune will take a little time to adjust I think, but it still pulls nicely.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed them at [email protected] and they said that the connector is the wrong one and they're shipping me a new set.

You can see in their steps, that the connections are shorter than the ones I got... But the box and everything matches what is supposed to fit. So I hope they sort that out. I was going crazy thinking I was doing something wrong.

Install pics

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

My fittings look longer/deeper than they should be:
Automotive tire Camera accessory Gas Cameras & optics Electric blue

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It took a few days and I dreaded trying again worrying I'd still fail to get it on lol... It's such a small space to work in and it was a pain in the ass again, but the new fittings DID work this time and the clips are like you guys said, they pull "out" and then I pressed them down to secure them in place. You could see in the original(incorrect) ones I got you had to push to release them. I wonder if those are for the Raptor or something idk.
But they're on and I've driven around and the hoses are still in place. No performance or any changes and no check engine lights. So all is working 😊

1 - 5 of 5 Posts