Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
How long/how many miles on that? It looks like a lot of moisture in there with the oil.
SO I bought it 2018 the car is 2015 and it has 14xxx something miles on it, once I bought it, it was the first think I did cause no Bueno oil in the intake. so since I bought it 4 years later open it. keep in mind a thousand miles a year. I don't drive in the rain, I only drive Fridays or Saturdays to work and back. sometimes other days but not so much and I just upgraded it last year and that's the result. so if I drove more yes it be more and less moisture but since it sits for a while specially winter in my garage it will obtain moisture one way or another.

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
I just emptied mine this week, and it was very similar to yours. It is my DD, but since I have been working from home it gets out once every week or so. After 6 months, I had maybe 2 tablespoons of milky looking oil in the can.
That was my first time opening mines and I was like dang it actually works, last year I didn't drive it much do to construction on my house so I had it most of all year on trickel charger and then this year I had to install driveshaft and cat back exhaust so I decided to open it and I am glad I did

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
So.... Although they approved it a while back now i have yet to hear a word from them and my email haven't been responded too nor calls answered. Georgia's Attorneys General put paper work in mail today for me to fill out for them to get involved 😩
Dang.. so quick to do a sale and take money but so slow to fix the problems. Wish you the best

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
I decided to stop being lazy and figure out rear camera issue. I remove the sleeves from the trunk harness and expose the cables.. first to know which cables I should look at. I decided to remove the cover on the trunk to expose the camera plug to see the cables that go to the camera. Once I found that I started to look at the wires that are hanging when you open the trunk and couldn't find anything. I slightly pull up and down to see if a cable would move and nope. Next following the hardest more I to the trunk you will see one zip tire clip and I started to remove the sleeves a the way to the clip and found 2 wires with sleeve cut but not the wire. So I remove the clip and found out that the clip was the cause of the damage wire since it was so tight that before the clip the wires are still after the clip the wires move from open and closing trunk so little by little the wire sleeve and wire will be cut. So since my wire was not cut and only sleeve was I decided to remove that clip and . I added rubber silicone to cut sleeve and electric table it now wire just hangs lose and now camera work. Many say harnest is to small but the case is that the clip is making it seem like it short but removing it. It's not..

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
You should wrap the damaged wires individually with electrical tape, nice find !
I would but I have rubber silicone, its like electric tape but in silicone form, then I wrap the whole thing in electric tape then I put the sleeve back. when its a small cut like that, its best to use rubber black silicone since it will fill the small gap, then after it dries just put electric tape to keep them all in place

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
Finally had time to wash and clean my car and then I caught my self and said who else does this. This is the water balloon filler after you got done filling them. I use it to get in tight corners and since it's plastic it won't scratch the car. Weird but it works mostly I use to for the trunk when you open it, on the sides where all the dirt get stuck so I put it under the trim and all the dirt comes out.

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
just finish the battery relocate.
the plexiglass is temporary , if anyone has the fabric of the trunk let me know cause I made the wood one but I need the fabric to finish it.

Attachments

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
The plexi looks really nice, I’d keep it. You might try searching Amazon for trunk carpet or speaker box carpet. I don’t know if the color would match perfectly but it would be close…something like these…

see I think I was looking at that one but it said grey and I don't think its grey I believe its black , black its not also black cause my Hyundai is black so I saw one that's called charcoal but don't want to buy it and then not match which is why I want to find another mustang I can get the fabric of. I just need 2.5 x 2.5 of fabric, even if its curve I can flatten it.

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
The plexi looks really nice, I’d keep it. You might try searching Amazon for trunk carpet or speaker box carpet. I don’t know if the color would match perfectly but it would be close…something like these…

definitely will get that glue

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
Bought these yesterday. Now headed back home and hopefully will have them installed on the ‘15 EB 50th anniversary by next weekend. Got them for $500 since I had to drive about 4.5 hours each way to get them, but definitely worth it. Granted the tires are more bald than my head, but luckily they’re also 19” rims and should fit fine, but eventually will upgrade to 275s in the rear when my current shoes start to wear out in a few years. After install will be exhaust or intercooler, charge pipes and intake. Haven’t decided yet, but everyone on here seems to say intercooler should be one of the first upgrades made so probably go that route. View attachment 40985
I went with intercooler, charge pipes hks valve and intake and oil cooler all at once since you will have bumper of thats why I decided to do oil cooler.. then second was short shifter, exhaust cat back exhaust I went with magnaflow cause it's not so loud and has a very nice tone to it. Then 3rd drive shaft aluminum.

· Registered
2015 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
219 Posts
@B2B thanks for the insight. I’m actually currently looking for a base GT OE fill brake kit, as we speak. Lol. I also got my lip kit, but now that I see it in person, I might return it and go carbon fiber, as I want to do carbon fiber rear diffuser and have CF mirrors on the way my wife ordered me, so glossy black might look weird with all the CF and plan on wrapping the GT500 replica lip I got in CF since I couldn’t find it all ready in CF, unfortunately, but also got that lip for $100, so I guess I can’t complain too much. I’m thinking for charger pipes going HPS and Mishimoto IC. What kind of oil cooler did you go with? Somehow, I missed adding that to my MS Excel “wish list”. Lol.
See thats why I can't do carbon fiber. Once you do one piece some how you ended up changing everything carbon.. its nice but to much for my wallet.. oil cooler I always go with mishimoto and with oil catch can.. hmm intercooler and intake I went with map performance..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 69 Posts