Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2101 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Didn't do much to the car today.

Just discovered that someone stole my SCT tuner. Went to put the new insurance card in the glove box and the cable was in the bag, but the tuner is missing. Had it in for service overnight a couple of months ago and when I picked up the car my tactical pen was missing that had been sitting in the holder in front of the shifter. I didn't bother about it since it was a pen and I figured that a tech grabbed it to write something and accidentally pocketed it But is it a coincidence that my tuner is missing (something I haven't had to look at since before the start of the year when I put the stock tune on for the winter).
I feel your pain. 🙁
I always completely empty out everything in my car... Trunk, glove box, console, etc, whenever I take it in for service or repairs.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: G-PaTX and Jimc12

·
Registered
666 Posts
After not getting t-boned at the intersection at the end of our street because some moron would have run the red light if not for seeing me pulling out on the dead solid green (luckily there is a bus bay there that effectively adds a lane), I cleaned the seats and wheel with Lexol and then conditioned them, after which I did all the top seals with WD-40 silicone. That guy probably had to clean his seat too when he got home after imagining where his insurance would have gone if he’d hit me.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
Added a trunk cargo net:p

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
Pictures. We need pictures. Oh, and the brand/link. I need one, too.
Sorry, I was going to take a snap of it, but it was kinda hot. I really like how it can either be used to hold a large item against the back wall of the trunk, or as a pocket for my detailing and small tool kits. Here's a link:

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have one of those nets. It comes in handy all the time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not today, but over the weekend, I finally got around to installing my grille delete and quick latches that I’ve been sitting on since last year. I ended up taking 20lbs off of the nose with the lighter grille and by getting rid of the bumper support bar and AGS.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
885 Posts
Not today, but over the weekend, I finally got around to installing my grille delete and quick latches that I’ve been sitting on since last year. I ended up taking 20lbs off of the nose with the lighter grille and by getting rid of the bumper support bar and AGS.
View attachment 36647
Looks good! Did you replace the bumper support or just leave it off? Any collision concerns without one? I've seen the aftermarket ones which would be a good replacement. I would think insurance companies would have a field day without one during a collision, but who knows.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
(y)
Got my quicklatch kit in the mail. No more cheap plastic bumper clips.
Nice! Snap a couple pics once you're done. I want to order these and curious about the location for the ball posts;)(y)

·
Registered
904 Posts
(y)
Nice! Snap a couple pics. I want to order these and curious about the location for the ball posts;)(y)
The revised direction recommend using the plastic bumper inserts to provide for a flush install. I'm having it done at a shop since I'm not experienced with body work.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
The revised direction recommend using the plastic bumper inserts to provide for a flush install. I'm having it done at a shop since I'm not experienced with body work.
No shame in that. Suppose I'll check out some youtube vids:cool:.

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
352 Posts
Added a stable-mate last Saturday.

Reactions: KLTA and ststang

·
Registered
904 Posts
More dataloging today. I'm on revision 3 and the car feels great. I've noticed the car will pop and bang on cold start wot pulls but other then that it runs great. Weather was beautiful today. Hopefully not too many more logs and I'll be dialed in.

·
Registered
904 Posts
You know you shouldn’t go WOT on a cold engine?
That's what I'm figuring is I should be gentle on the car untill it warms up. I at least let it idle until the RPM's drop and I'm usually gentil on the car for about a mile of driving. Once it's warmed up it doesn't pop and crackle on wot pull so I'll just let it warm up a little longer before I have fun in it.

1981 - 2000 of 2101 Posts