2001 - 2020 of 2101 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Got Ruby new shades then took her out on the town. 🙂

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
That's what I'm figuring is I should be gentle on the car untill it warms up. I at least let it idle until the RPM's drop and I'm usually gentil on the car for about a mile of driving. Once it's warmed up it doesn't pop and crackle on wot pull so I'll just let it warm up a little longer before I have fun in it.
Oil temperature is always the last thing to warm up in my car, so I never floor it until I've checked that the needle is in the green.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Agree on the oil temp and revs/boost. I remember reading awhile ago about, I think BMW, limiting revs until oil was up to temp. Thought it was smart.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Oil temperature is always the last thing to warm up in my car, so I never floor it until I've checked that the needle is in the green.
Same. I take it easy til temps read "normal" and the needle is in the middle of the green. For me, that is about 4-5 miles into my morning commute.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Same. I take it easy til temps read "normal" and the needle is in the middle of the green. For me, that is about 4-5 miles into my morning commute.
Ditto. It was actually something I read early on in this forum and I've taken it to heart. No boost until Oil is green. If I'm being honest, I'm usually in the practice of cranking the car on remotely, about 5 minutes before I plan on heading out.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Fitted my Love the Drive wind screen that the family gave me for Father’s Day. Was out for a local low speed run and put it and all the windows up. It virtually killed all the ruffling in the cockpit. We’ll see what it does at highway speeds at a later date.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fitted my Love the Drive wind screen that the family gave me for Father’s Day. Was out for a local low speed run and put it and all the windows up. It virtually killed all the ruffling in the cockpit. We’ll see what it does at highway speeds at a later date.
Mine works great for that. Seems sacrilegious to put the windows up and the top down. That's for winter. :D

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
666 Posts
Don’t worry, I’m hard core. I’ve driven top down at least once in every month this year so far. The coldest was, I think, 4C showing on the dash. In the nice weather, generally reserved for the highway, with my wife in the car. When I’m alone, the windows are down. Just wanted to see how much my wife’s COVID length hair calmed down, maybe a couple of hundred feet and then put everything down again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Top down/windows up/heater on extends Mustang convertible season for us in the northeast :)!

Love The Drive wind deflector is a great accessory - my sister, my brother, and I all have them on our 3 verts.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
Installed an SR Performance strut tower brace and BMR jacking rails. Worked on centering my exhaust tips on the MBRP due to their migration towards the driver's side since installing. Came out pretty good after tweaking the hangers near the diff. Emptied my catch can after ~1K miles. Checked all the clamps in the intercooler circuit and intake.

IMG_20200624_100555176.jpg IMG_20200624_120035343.jpg

Reactions: PonyLite

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
126 Posts
Funny, my MBRP settled to the pass side. What did you to to tweak them? Heat? Muscle? Yelling?
Must fix!!! OCD bad!!
Nope, none of the above. A couple weeks after install, I got under there, loosening the 4 clamps, little nudges here and there, then retighten. Noticed a few days ago that they'd settled back off-kilter. Read online that the center hangers are adjustable specifically to aid in centering the tips. I didn't even need to loosen them, just gave them love taps with a rubber mallet before making sure they were good and tight.

·
Super Moderator
3,120 Posts
I dropped my car off at the shop for an oil change when I got home from work this morning. They found no issues with the car, but a screw in the sidewall of one of my rear tires. I have an appointment to get new tires tomorrow...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Looks good! Did you replace the bumper support or just leave it off? Any collision concerns without one? I've seen the aftermarket ones which would be a good replacement. I would think insurance companies would have a field day without one during a collision, but who knows.
I didn’t, but I should have. I’ve have it in the back of my mind every time I drive now, just waiting for a deer to jump out in front of me.

I don’t drive it much but I will probably pick up a lightweight steeda support bar soon, just for the piece of mind

·
Registered
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
8 Posts
I installed front and rear splash guards. It’s my daily driver, and I semi-frequent country roads/gravel driveways, so I figured it was worth the investment. They don’t look too bad either!

·
Registered
885 Posts
I didn’t, but I should have. I’ve have it in the back of my mind every time I drive now, just waiting for a deer to jump out in front of me.

I don’t drive it much but I will probably pick up a lightweight steeda support bar soon, just for the piece of mind
gotcha. I dabble a little in tig welding and I considered doing one (or rear too) in aluminum for weight savings and just a fun little project. I’m not sure how well that would work in a collision either, probably why nobody offers one in aluminum (that I could find). That would be a winter project for me though if I did.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts

Without it, a simple "fender bender" becomes a brand new block.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
gotcha. I dabble a little in tig welding and I considered doing one (or rear too) in aluminum for weight savings and just a fun little project. I’m not sure how well that would work in a collision either, probably why nobody offers one in aluminum (that I could find). That would be a winter project for me though if I did.
I think there are better ways of saving 10lbs on the car, rather than risking a major safety feature. I would do things like carbon fiber pieces versus aluminum (hood, trunk, panels, etc), rear seat delete, passenger seat delete, lighter wheels, lighter rotors, lighter exhaust, etc. before I would mess with these. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I think there are better ways of saving 10lbs on the car, rather than risking a major safety feature. I would do things like carbon fiber pieces versus aluminum (hood, trunk, panels, etc), rear seat delete, passenger seat delete, lighter wheels, lighter rotors, lighter exhaust, etc. before I would mess with these. Just my opinion.
Absolutely. Only a consideration. I think I would buy the aftermarket bmr bars first made of steel. they’re still a pretty substantial weight savings. Aluminum would be great for a track only drag car. I like the idea of going aluminum, but I don’t think geico would agree ha. Hopefully they would never know, but that’s not my luck.

2001 - 2020 of 2101 Posts