Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 2083 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
I made these. I wasn’t happy with giant hook for my Love the Drive screen pushing the seat cushions out of shape, so I found some strapping from a long gone backpack and stitched a loop in one end (already had one on the other) and the fed it through the child seat loop and used a couple of matching key rings to tie the ends together. Easier to hook to and can just be pushed out of the way when not in use or when someone is in the seat.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Just came in today RTR Spec 2 Chin Spoiler and RTR rear diffuser will install this weekend hopefully... Got my wheels done in Black
😵 My favorite of all the rear diffusers. Makes me wish I had a premium bumper.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The CJ pony front end cover came in yesterday. I would call it a very good fit, not prefect.
you can see especially inboard of the headlights that I had to pull the bottom cover down some to get the hood shut. Tried adjusting the hood stops with no luck.
but it’s a keeper because a high percentage of my driving is on central Texas highways that DOT has not enforced the the incompetence of rock haulers for years now, so it’s a must have.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The CJ pony front end cover came in yesterday. I would call it a very good fit, not prefect.
you can see especially inboard of the headlights that I had to pull the bottom cover down some to get the hood shut. Tried adjusting the hood stops with no luck.
but it’s a keeper because a high percentage of my driving is on central Texas highways that DOT has not enforced the the incompetence of rock haulers for years now, so it’s a must have. View attachment 36703
Totally Eighties, dude! It's unfortunate that we have to resort to these measures. Idaho loves to chip-seal the roads around here. All that seems to do is chip paint, crack windshields, and cause the tires to drag pea-gravel by the bucket-loads onto my driveway! I guess they've been able to convince enough people that that falls under the guise of "maintaining" the roads...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hear ya, I drive a 35 mile segment of IH-35 between San Marcos and San Antonio a lot, and the rock hauling traffic is crazy. I definitely like the look without it.
I have already thought about taking it off when I’m staying local for a few days. In 1977 I had a 70 fastback, yep I’m old school :)

·
Registered
2017 Mustang EcoBoost
21 Posts
Driving out to tazewell, VA after work for some fun on back of the dragon this weekend. Perfect opportunity to get some logs in this weekend.
I was out that way last month, though I was on the bike. Wonderful countryside out that way.

·
Registered
133 Posts
1st car show of the season.

Reactions: Sarge and ststang

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
19 Posts
Bought car cover after a good wash. As for the next two months can't drive it due to left leg injury☹. But would not be a fun car without clutch 😁

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
118 Posts
Bought car cover after a good wash. As for the next two months can't drive it due to left leg injury☹. But would not be a fun car without clutch 😁
I beg to differ. The EcoStang is plenty fun with select shift :p

Reactions: MikeHTally

·
Registered
883 Posts
Saturday afternoon was an oil change and catch can dump, just me and the four legged friend. Decided to switch from Pennzoil to castrol (the one made for turbo motors). If anybody has thoughts on either, I'm open to opinions. I'll have to see if I like it better or not. Sample of the last Pennzoil being sent to Blackstone tomorrow for more analysis.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Saturday in the park,
I think it was the Fourth of July ( Chicago)

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
118 Posts
Got to use the new jacking rails. Investigated the source of the atrocious smell I'm getting post medium-high boost. Not a trace of fluid seepage anywhere under the hood or from searching underneath. Checked all PCV circuit connections, AC lines, 02 sensors wire insulation and any other hoses/lines that might've been in contact with hot parts. All the intercooler piping/clamps are tight. OCC can and lines are tight and clean. Drained the can after 1K miles and got under 1oz. Spark plugs have only 1K on them, but checked anyways. AC belt and serpentine belt look fine with no cracking or signs of slippage. I'm at a loss. Noticed the car made this burning plastic/rubber smell while getting on it soon after purchase, but put it down to burning off dealer under hood engine detailing/dressing. 4K miles later and it remains consistent every time I push it over 15psi.
My '17 Fiesta ST had a similar odor only after loading a Stratified 91 tune that pushed ~26psi. I've seen ~22psi a few times with my stang which isn't tuned. Maybe that's not normal, or maybe I might need to upgrade my wastegate with the Turbosmart 7lb?
I've never once seen a CEL and I'm at a loss:confused:.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Investigated the source of the atrocious smell I'm getting post medium-high boost. Not a trace of fluid seepage anywhere under the hood or from searching underneath. .
My '18 and '19 have a strange smell after gettin on it and is most noticeable after parking them in the garage. I've looked for anything causing the smell and found nothing. They both do it, summer/winter doesn't matter. The stealership service dept. couldn't find anything either. One note, the '18 it seems isn't as bad after installing MBRP cat-back exhaust but still age could be playing a factor. Though both have less than 10k miles on them. Will change to a Thermal R&D exhaust on the '19 at some point this year, maybe then it will shed some light on the subject.

2021 - 2040 of 2083 Posts