Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2121 - 2140 of 2201 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Added some more carbon fiber 😄😎
Note: if you don't have hood struts you might not want the carbon fiber radiator cover,seems weak at the rod clip.

Reactions: LostSAAB

·
Registered
144 Posts
Got my painted Pentium cover from RPI DESIGNS after a 9 week wait.
Looks great, unfortunately I'm going to have to remove my strut bar to install.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Car has been away for awhile at Croydon Racing Developments (CRD) in Sydney, mainly for replacement of the front discs but I may have gotten a little carried away again. While its there why not do the rears too; DBA T3 slotted rotors with Street Performance pads & fluid change all 'round please, while your down there how about stripping, painting & rebuilding the calipers, oh and braided brake lines too. Since you'll have the car a few days, how about a Cobb Turbo Blanket and adding the parts I never seem to have time to get too - Steeda Throttle Body Spacer (a gift from the kids) & Steeda Reverse Lockout Collar. A few days in and the brake performance is a major step up and the lockout collar feels way more sturdy (even though I didn't notice an issue with the old plastic part). Credit to Andrej and the team at CRD as always, the new shop looks great and is very busy. I have no hesitation in recommending CRD. IMG_1397.JPG IMG_1396.JPG IMG_1385.JPG IMG_1384.JPG IMG_1383.JPG IMG_1382.JPG IMG_1381.JPG

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,126
On a side note; what product did you use to shine the plastic under hood pieces? Did you paint the engine cover or did you purchase an aftermarket cover? Thanks. You Mustang looks great!
Thank you. The engine cover is stock. I just added vinyl accents: 2015-2020 Mustang [15FM_EICAx] Ecoboost Intake/Engine Cover Accents. | eBay. They have held up surprisingly well. I haven’t actually needed to use any special plastic cleaners as of yet. Just a little soapy water on a hand towel

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
She's at the shop waiting on the turbo and IC install. The housemate had to do some logs on his GT. He's getting dialed in for E-85. I ended up getting this massive 200+ piece tool kit from Walmart to do work on the car. Very high quality kit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Couple of things about those hood supports for anyone considering them. The mounting hardware on the fenders is not the best. This was reported in some reviews but I chose to take a shot at it in the name of OEM Equipment presentation. That said, the driver side mounting lower bracket doesnt take the 20 ft/lbs torque recommendation well. My lower mounting nut bent the wings as I was torquing it down and actually caused some damage to the sheet metal. I repaired it, straightened it as best I could, repainted the scratched area and and got it mounted, but my advice is to be VERY, VERY careful when mounting the lower brackets.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Not Mustang related but... While my car is at the shop getting a turbo and IC upgrade... My Honda left me stranded on the side of the highway. Transmission blew up while cruising. I'm thinking the band in the CVT snapped.

2121 - 2140 of 2201 Posts