Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2201 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hard to see but...
There's the turbo. Definitely gotta do some logs this weekend. Car is running on wastegate duty (15psi boost max). Exhaust sounds much deeper then before. Still get plenty of turbo whistle... With some revisions I'm sure the car will feel like an animal... Time to let Ryan work his magic again!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Didn't do anything to my eco but I installed a catch can on my focus st. Let me tell you, what a pain in the junk that was. Gotta take off the intake manifold to get to those connections. Ive never seen anything like it. Exit air connection on the back side of the intake manifold and pcv under that. What a pain that was.

·
Super Moderator
6,116 Posts
Bought a Chemical Guys "Foam Blaster."

·
Registered
137 Posts
I installed the Boomba Vertical links to my car today. They are absolutely worth it. I had my eye on the Steeda links but then Boomba Racing had them on sale for $99. I had also read that they had a slightly softer bushing than the Steeda and BMR vertical links but stiffer than stock. At that price I couldn't resist. Anything to improve steering feel and handling is worth a try. I tested them on an off ramp and I would not push it past 45 (I believe is sign says 20 mph) and with the links I easily went to 50. Not bad. I drove over some bad roads and the car does not make any more noise but just feels better overall. My only issue is I think one of my shocks are going.(another story). As far as the install. I have to say it was relatively simple. I watched countless videos and thank god people put there mistakes as watching all of them I was able to trouble shoot my first install that went wrong, but took not even 2 minutes to fix. I would say once the tires are off this could easily take about 30 minutes if even that. I would definitely recommend putting a jack under the IRS but you don't need to jack it up all the way, just support it. When installing the bottom screw you may have to lift the jack a little to make sure the bolt meets the thread on the other side. Also amazing is the difference from the stock link to these links. 20200731_091500.jpg 20200731_093647.jpg 20200731_091438.jpg 20200731_093605.jpg

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Finally got an updated picture of the car with the new turbo. What I've noticed so far is that charge temps easily went from 160 all the way down to the upper 90's on a super HOT day. Putting her on the track next weekend so we'll see how she performs. I'd like to do some logs tomorrow but the weather is going to be iffy in northern VA with this impending hurricane.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I installed the Boomba Vertical links to my car today. They are absolutely worth it. I had my eye on the Steeda links but then Boomba Racing had them on sale for $99. I had also read that they had a slightly softer bushing than the Steeda and BMR vertical links but stiffer than stock. At that price I couldn't resist. Anything to improve steering feel and handling is worth a try. I tested them on an off ramp and I would not push it past 45 (I believe is sign says 20 mph) and with the links I easily went to 50. Not bad. I drove over some bad roads and the car does not make any more noise but just feels better overall. My only issue is I think one of my shocks are going.(another story). As far as the install. I have to say it was relatively simple. I watched countless videos and thank god people put there mistakes as watching all of them I was able to trouble shoot my first install that went wrong, but took not even 2 minutes to fix. I would say once the tires are off this could easily take about 30 minutes if even that. I would definitely recommend putting a jack under the IRS but you don't need to jack it up all the way, just support it. When installing the bottom screw you may have to lift the jack a little to make sure the bolt meets the thread on the other side. Also amazing is the difference from the stock link to these links. View attachment 37088 View attachment 37089 View attachment 37090 View attachment 37091
I just installed these a few weeks ago. They've totally tightened up my launches. Question: Were you able to get the bottom bolt to 129 ft lbs?

TᕼE ᗷᒪᗩK ᑎITE Oᖴ ᗪᗩ' 305

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I installed the Boomba Vertical links to my car today. They are absolutely worth it. I had my eye on the Steeda links but then Boomba Racing had them on sale for $99. I had also read that they had a slightly softer bushing than the Steeda and BMR vertical links but stiffer than stock. At that price I couldn't resist. Anything to improve steering feel and handling is worth a try. I tested them on an off ramp and I would not push it past 45 (I believe is sign says 20 mph) and with the links I easily went to 50. Not bad. I drove over some bad roads and the car does not make any more noise but just feels better overall. My only issue is I think one of my shocks are going.(another story). As far as the install. I have to say it was relatively simple. I watched countless videos and thank god people put there mistakes as watching all of them I was able to trouble shoot my first install that went wrong, but took not even 2 minutes to fix. I would say once the tires are off this could easily take about 30 minutes if even that. I would definitely recommend putting a jack under the IRS but you don't need to jack it up all the way, just support it. When installing the bottom screw you may have to lift the jack a little to make sure the bolt meets the thread on the other side. Also amazing is the difference from the stock link to these links. View attachment 37088 View attachment 37089 View attachment 37090 View attachment 37091
I went with the UPR links. Seems to have cured most of my wheel hop. I think I have 1 or 2 more things to install before wheel hop is completely gone.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Yes, it was not an issue on either side.
Really?!? I felt like I was yanking way too hard on the lower control arm, and left well enough alone. The torque wrench was set to 129, and it got snug as a rug, but I never got a click.

2141 - 2160 of 2201 Posts