Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2201 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Really?!? I felt like I was yanking way too hard on the lower control arm, and left well enough alone. The torque wrench was set to 129, and it got snug as a rug, but I never got a click.
I am thinking that possibly you may have needed a little more support from the jack so that bolt would be better aligned and you may have been also fighting the weight of the suspension. Also when I saw the CJ Pony install video he and others did comment that the lower bolt can sometimes be a pain. I am just counting my blessings that it didn't turn into one of my usually 3x's the amount of time I thought I would have to spend or the classic, I'm giving up today and will try first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
144 Posts
More Carbon fiber tail light trim and map light cover :) :cool:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I am thinking that possibly you may have needed a little more support from the jack so that bolt would be better aligned and you may have been also fighting the weight of the suspension. Also when I saw the CJ Pony install video he and others did comment that the lower bolt can sometimes be a pain. I am just counting my blessings that it didn't turn into one of my usually 3x's the amount of time I thought I would have to spend or the classic, I'm giving up today and will try first thing in the morning.
Aha! You hit the nail on the head. I did have the jack placed underneath just to get the bolt through and started...but once that happened, I did try and tighten the bolt with the jack removed. I will try again the next time I get an opportunity. Thanks bud!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Got my first set of logs sent off to Ryan for the turbo upgrade. There is tons of positive corrections across all 4 cylinders. Overall the car felt good during the entire pull. Can't wait for revision 2. Will be putting her on the track next weekend so hopefully the next revision has the boost turned up a bit.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Here is the stock turbo up next to the FP turbo. The FP turbo is a tiny bit bigger then the stock one. I did notice a tiny amount of shaft play on the stock turbo. Probably gonna toss it in the bin. Sorry I couldn't get a side by side of a stock turbo vs the NX2 kit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Replaced the stock manual transmission fluid with the BG Synchro Shift II product. So far, so good. Shifts smoother than before. Definitely worth the money and time.
Thanks, I've been contemplating doing the same. Its It's definitely going to be on my short list.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Got my Anderson composite carbon fiber deck lid today.
20200801_121557.jpg

Reactions: G8C and LostSAAB

·
Registered
24 Posts

300% Difference in acceleration and smoothed out my auto trans , no horsepower or TQ gain but the car is night and day with the Peddle Commander on that auto trans, no more squishy peddle and acceleration is awesome , I tried all modes , city + 2 is my sweet spot, Sport +4 is pretty rad, Sport+ +4 is crazy off the line.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Spent the last couple of weeks getting my 2 wheeler sorted out so today I dedicated time to install the Turbosmart wastegate control on the most humid day this year. Test drive proves its working fine.
Funny thing, after taking every precaution and stragicly setting up magnets around the area, I carefully picked up the c-clip with my pliers, started to slowly move into position, then...I hit a hose with it and it launched...somewhere...oh @$&#!
After adjusting my attitude I fished down in an area I though it MAY have gone and...luckiest catch in my life. Thought I was screwed.
Anyone have the P/N for that clip for the next time?

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
31 Posts
Ordered IC today. Got it off EBay from DNA motoring. Now can't wait till Friday to install. Have it and a new radiator to install. Got it for $250.00 shipped. Will test accordingly. If any issues company from where I purchased it is only an hours drive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ordered IC today. Got it off EBay from DNA motoring. Now can't wait till Friday to install. Have it and a new radiator to install. Got it for $250.00 shipped. Will test accordingly. If any issues company from where I purchased it is only an hours drive.
keep us posted, I have been looking at their inter coolers , $599 for mishimoto is to much in my opinion , the IC is not a complicated functioning piece really

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Got my proclip installed today. Sadly it blocks my view partially to the radio. Anyone know if you can change the screen orientation on a COBB tuner?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Got my proclip installed today. Sadly it blocks my view partially to the radio. Anyone know if you can change the screen orientation on a COBB tuner?
I don't know if you can change the orientation, never tried, but I did install mine on the other side of the center vend and routed the cable through the back of the dash and out the glove box. I only have the 4" screen though, so not sure how much of the larger one that might still block.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Got my first revision from Ryan but tropical storm Isaias says no boost today . So far he's increased the boost. Hopefully tomorrow is drier so I can send it full boost...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Got a chance to ease into it in 3rd gear. Didn't do a full wot pull but man the boost went up from 12-13psi to about 16psi or maybe higher in 3rd gear. The car is already feeling so much better on the 2nd revision. Gonna be so much fun on the track this weekend.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The rain stopped and the roads dried up enough that I was able to do a pull... This tune is magical... 22psi boost up from 15psi. The car pulls like a train. Definitely ready for the track this weekend. The next revision will be even better.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The housemate just picked up his car from the shop after having a bunch of suspension parts installed and is now popping a P0246 code. A quick internet search shows it to be a wastegate solenoid code. Does anyone know where the wastegate solenoid is located on a 2020 EcoBoost? Hes probably gonna take it to the dealer for warranty work.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The housemate just picked up his car from the shop after having a bunch of suspension parts installed and is now popping a P0246 code. A quick internet search shows it to be a wastegate solenoid code. Does anyone know where the wastegate solenoid is located on a 2020 EcoBoost? Hes probably gonna take it to the dealer for warranty work.
Wouldn't that be the boost controller? I don't have a 2020, but the solenoid that bleeds off pressure to the wastegate is located on the boost controller for my 2016.

2161 - 2180 of 2201 Posts