Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2321 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did my first oil change. Mobil 1 synthetic oil and Mobil 1 filter. Changed it at 3500 miles with the oil life at 68% Got the gt mufflers welded on and a good cleaning inside and out. Also made a short exhaust clip. Now its weekend ready. Got a good laugh at my oem oil filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well I guess you could say I did something to my stock EB today. I wanted to see how fast it would go. I live one mile from the highest speed limit in the U.S., 85 mph. Traffic was very light so I went for it, it accelerated steadily to 125 then stopped, I gave it another inch or two of pedal and that was it.
The entire run over 100 was about five minutes and after we exited the highway we (my wife was with me) could smell something hot, all temps were no higher than cruising at 80. Maybe turbo charger ? Anyway, that was fun and I’ll probably never do it again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the info, I’ve read on this forum that is was 133 and was thinking it might make it if I laid on it longer but didn’t want to push it that hard.

·
Registered
283 Posts
had the tires rotated and balance plus had the oil changed, switched to Mobil 1 Full Synthetic extended performance,but will change way before the 1 year or 20,000 miles mark.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks for the info, I’ve read on this forum that is was 133 and was thinking it might make it if I laid on it longer but didn’t want to push it that hard.
stock ecoboost or ecoboost with aftermarket PP (power/performance pack) is limited to around 121 MPH, factory PP ecoboost limited between 149-155 MPH depending on what year it is, the new factory PP ecoboost is pretty fast, topping out at 155 and said to be able to hit 60 MPH in well under 5 seconds.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I know that I've been able to hit 130 and it was still pulling.

what kind of set-up do you have? apologies in advance if you posted this in this thread already. I personally have a mostly stock ecoboost with an aftermarket PP from Ford performance, I'm probably going to flash it back to stock and flash either a Cobb stage 1 or Unleashed tune.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Went out and gave the suspension and new mufflers a back road work out. The 3.15s are pretty cool on the back roads but only in sport mode or better. Normal mode its steadily shifting. 3.55's would be perfect for the A10.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Lookin good!
Hey, which coil packs are you using? Have you notice a better performance with them?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
They are grenatelli motorsports hot street coils. It's hard to say if I notice any difference since getting tuned by Ryan. I'm driving the car into work tomorrow and will see if she holds boost without blowing charge pipes off. The coils do seem to be working fine since I've seen very little knock and negative corrections on my logs.

·
Registered
191 Posts
They are grenatelli motorsports hot street coils. It's hard to say if I notice any difference since getting tuned by Ryan. I'm driving the car into work tomorrow and will see if she holds boost without blowing charge pipes off. The coils do seem to be working fine since I've seen very little knock and negative corrections on my logs.
Thats good to hear. I have been getting a little more neg correction lately. I will have to look into them.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2261 - 2280 of 2321 Posts