Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2281 - 2300 of 2321 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Tried to drive the Mustang into work today. Made a left on 50 and didnt even get to the next lite before the charge pipe blew on the hot side. I will have to readjust and tighten down the pipes some more. I spent about 5 hours getting those pipes installed last nite. Didnt have to take off the bumper though.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Fixed my charge pipe and took her out for a riperino... After multiple HARD pulls still no evidence of the charge pipes letting go. She's ready for some logs when I get back from my trip. I get to take out this supercharged beaut on tail of the dragon for the weekend. Wish I could take the Stang but the Honda/Acura group said I couldn't join if it wasn't a Honda...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
At first glance I thought the engine was mounted the "right" way in the honda
If only the 2.3 engine would fit in the Honda. It would absolutely rip in stock form. The biggest issue would be converting the torsion beam rear suspension to an irs setup. You could probably do a focus rs or st setup with the 6spd manual front wheel drive.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well for a laugh I thought I would put the PD burble tune on the old girl. All I can say is....

Ba hahahahahaha

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Getting my Armytrix exhaust installed next Tuesday. Should make the car more neighbor friendly. Cant wait to see how it sounds. Also drove the car into work today and it felt good making tons of power. Gonna do some logs for ryan tomorrow and hopefully get closer to getting dialed in.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Did some more logs for Ryan. Car felt really good during the pull. Money light decided to pop while doing some logs. It was the bypass valve resistor from Turbosmart. Good thing I had a spare at home.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
152 Posts
I shouldn't have clicked the link 😕

Things are getting out of hand.😄

·
Registered
120 Posts
"Sensitive content" warning.
Heh. That's just funny
I think the AI needs a little more calibrating

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
My Mishimoto coolant tank has had a small leak from the sight tube area for some time so I finally did a warranty claim. Hopefully they send out some new end pieces and a sight tube. Other then that it's been a great coolant tank.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I changed the oil and changed the rear diff gear oil to Royal Purple Maxgear. It was a nice subtle difference. I know the manual has the change at I think 100k or 150K I have to say that it was not a pretty color when it came out. Looking forward to putting in my jacking rails this weekend. I got the last creak from bumping into the side skirt and enough is enough. I am also jacking up the car for something or other so might as well do it the safest way.

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I changed the oil and changed the rear diff gear oil to Royal Purple Maxgear. It was a nice subtle difference. I know the manual has the change at I think 100k or 150K I have to say that it was not a pretty color when it came out. Looking forward to putting in my jacking rails this weekend. I got the last creak from bumping into the side skirt and enough is enough. I am also jacking up the car for something or other so might as well do it the safest way.
Was it as simple as undoing the two drain plugs, wiping down the plugs, draining everything out, putting the bottom plug back in, and pumping the appropriate amount of differential fluid into the top plug? Did you use any friction modifiers?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Was it as simple as undoing the two drain plugs, wiping down the plugs, draining everything out, putting the bottom plug back in, and pumping the appropriate amount of differential fluid into the top plug? Did you use any friction modifiers?
Yes, it was simple. Royal Purple already has friction modifier included in the mix. I barely went through two bottles. Possibly I didn't drain it completely. It overflowed from the top I let it drain and closed the bad boy.

2281 - 2300 of 2321 Posts