Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2321 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
43 Posts
Decided to make it a Mustang drive to work day instead of work vehicle. Since I'm stuck in office. Last 25 miles home I can take back roads instead of traffic. Nothing like carving canyon roads at upwards of 110 MPH at certain points. See how stage 2 tune is.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I installed my Steeda Jacking Rails. I bought full length version over labor day. It actually has stiffened up the ride and the improved the steering input. I didn't think it would do much to the driveability but it has improved it. Of course my main reason for purchasing it was that I had one clunk too many. So before I am buying a replacement side skirt, I made it a point to buy these. I really wish I had bought these a lot sooner. It really makes jacking up the car quicker and no more nerves wondering if the cup of the jack is going smack into the skirt. For one reason or another I always find my self jacking up the car so if you do too, do yourself a favor and get yourself some rails.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I finally got around to installing my VelossaTech Big Mouth scoop. As expected, putting the part in took less than a minute, so the job was 99.9% about getting the front bumper cover off and on again. So glad I put the quick-release latches in.
I've only driven it a few minutes, but the IAT seems to recover from heat soak faster.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I finally got around to installing my VelossaTech Big Mouth scoop. As expected, putting the part in took less than a minute, so the job was 99.9% about getting the front bumper cover off and on again. So glad I put the quick-release latches in.
I've only driven it a few minutes, but the IAT seems to recover from heat soak faster.
No doubt. One of the more 'underrated mods' that actually had a big effect on my performance. Great job @Sarge !

·
Registered
2017 Mustang EcoBoost
25 Posts
I was actually looking at one of these the other day and was curious if it makes any real difference.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I installed an engine start and stop cover from Amazon. It was a 12.99 special with the phony carbon fiber look. It feels cheap and would rather have in black but only could find it in the carbon look. If I could find it in metal I would really prefer it. However, I bought it for its function. It happend only once and once was enough. I blindly went to touch a toggle button or the ac switch and by mistake turned my car off. Luckily it was not during an emergency. So that this doesn't happen again I need it covered. It's just that the plastic really does not fit the car. We have all these metal dials and then this cap too flimsy.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Got my exhaust installed yesterday... It is WAY quieter then the setup I had before. The whole kit is made of titanium which means it won't rust as easily as the cheaper stainless steel exhaust kits. It does have a nice tone to it with the cutouts open. At least now I don't have any giant exhaust leaks on the car. Next is to do the GT500 style hood and I won't have any more hassles with my safety inspection.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Put a couple pounds of air in the tires. 36 degrees F yesterday morning and 40 F this morning. Enough to set off the low pressure lights. I'm afraid the cold months are upon us in Northern Pa.

Reactions: ststang

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
View attachment 37589 View attachment 37590 I installed an engine start and stop cover from Amazon. It was a 12.99 special with the phony carbon fiber look. It feels cheap and would rather have in black but only could find it in the carbon look. If I could find it in metal I would really prefer it. However, I bought it for its function. It happend only once and once was enough. I blindly went to touch a toggle button or the ac switch and by mistake turned my car off. Luckily it was not during an emergency. So that this doesn't happen again I need it covered. It's just that the plastic really does not fit the car. We have all these metal dials and then this cap too flimsy.
I bought one of the red ones cuz that's all I could find, so I painted it metallic blue to match my body panels. It holds paint well with minimum prep. I'm happy with it now.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Got my exhaust installed yesterday... It is WAY quieter then the setup I had before. The whole kit is made of titanium which means it won't rust as easily as the cheaper stainless steel exhaust kits
Do you have a link to that exhaust kit? I like titanium, and quiet is good.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Changed out my aight tune on the coolant expansion tank. Mishimoto has some good customer service and replaced it under warranty.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You mean s
Changed out my aight tune on the coolant expansion tank. Mishimoto has some good customer service and replaced it under warranty.
You mean sight tube🙂

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
2301 - 2320 of 2321 Posts