Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2506 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well... She did me proud tonight. Ran the corn fed 5.0 and we were even matched. I had him about 1/2 the time and he had me the other half. Didn't see my charge temps get much above 130-140 and they dipped into the 90's in 70 degrees weather. Did the EcoBoost community proud. Ryan's tune is absolutely magical. I got some clips that I can share with the community.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
Torque is a bit down but she's making 346HP according to the tuner. Making good progress.
That's an impressive result!
Here's mine at a much higher charge Air temp of 112.8 F, and lower max boost of 25 PSI on just Stage 1 - 93, with just a K&N filter at the time...

Reactions: 16Fasback

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Here's mine at a much higher charge Air temp of 112.8 F, and lower max boost of 25 PSI on just Stage 1 - 93, with just a K&N filter at the time...

View attachment 37799
She's definitely pulling strong and I'm not getting any more detonation on wot. Ryan adjusted my fuel pressures in the latest revision. I was possibly leaning out a bit on wot which was causing the poping on wot.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Finally finished up the charge pipe install on the housemates EcoBoost. The lower rubber pipe did not want to come off so I took drastic measures. The passenger side took me 2 nights because of this. I did two sets of charge pipes without taking the bumper off. It can be done but is a royal pain in the a**...

·
Registered
611 Posts
I’ve never had my bumper off, I drive it up on rhino ramps to do the charge pipe install. Did under belly

no issues, wasn’t hard I just didn’t keep tightening them enough and blowing them off I finally said ef it and cranked it tight

no issue

hell I even didinteecooler Swap without removing bumper lol

·
Registered
529 Posts
With the mishimoto clone you don't even have to get under the car. Although a complete RPITA it can be done from above by removing the radiator.

·
Registered
529 Posts

View attachment 37799
Not bad but they should all be taken with a pinch of salt but ya can't beat a pro tune

The below is the best after each of the tunes that I had done. The increase in trq was what I was more interested in. Sorry the pictures are out of order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today, well yesterday rather I bought a 2020 ecoboost 6 speed. Super excited! I haven't had a mustang since my 5 speed '95 v6. I've been looking at all the mods on here and my heads spinning a little. I have to decide what to do or do nothing and leave it stock.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Just got a shipping notice for my XDI HPFP-35. Should get it in the mail sometime next week. Can't wait to get it on the car. Honestly I'm thinking of upgrading to a Nostrum pump later on and giving this to the housemate. He is tempted to toss the warranty out the window this coming spring and tuning the EcoBoost on 93 pump with the FP turbo and 12psi wastegate.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Today, well yesterday rather I bought a 2020 ecoboost 6 speed. Super excited! I haven't had a mustang since my 5 speed '95 v6. I've been looking at all the mods on here and my heads spinning a little. I have to decide what to do or do nothing and leave it stock.

Nice! Welcome to the forum and toss some pics up when you can!

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Lots of good info on here on what mods, tunes to do if you decide not to leave it stock.
IMO, if it is brand new, don't tune it straight away.... Wait for at least 5000 miles or 6 months, to see if any teething problems arise.
You don't want to void your drivetrain warranty if the tune or mod is found to be the cause of the warranty claim.

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys! So far I'm thinking of upgrading the intercooler and maybe doing the Ford performance tune. I'm too scared to tune it any other way just yet.

I haven't sat in another mustang since I sold mine in the early 2000's. It's amazing how much they have changed since my '95 yet when I first got in it I was immediately takin back to my high school days. Somehow they were able to modernize it but not lose the mustang feel in the process which is amazing. I love it, plus the ecoboost would destroy my old v6 in a race.

I kept my old chrome skull shifter knob from my 95 when I sold it. Tomorrow I'm going to hunt for it and that'll be my first small mod. I loved that car like like no other and never thought I'd ever get one again, let alone a brand new one. Even though it's the base model I don't care the 4" screen is a huge leap from the '03 ram pickup I've been driving forever, thing didn't even have a clock or heat.

My passion for cars and everything that goes along with it died when I sold my last stang. I'm stoked to have it reignited again and look forward to sharing my journey with y'all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks guys! So far I'm thinking of upgrading the intercooler and maybe doing the Ford performance tune. I'm too scared to tune it any other way just yet.

I haven't sat in another mustang since I sold mine in the early 2000's. It's amazing how much they have changed since my '95 yet when I first got in it I was immediately takin back to my high school days. Somehow they were able to modernize it but not lose the mustang feel in the process which is amazing. I love it, plus the ecoboost would destroy my old v6 in a race.

I kept my old chrome skull shifter knob from my 95 when I sold it. Tomorrow I'm going to hunt for it and that'll be my first small mod. I loved that car like like no other and never thought I'd ever get one again, let alone a brand new one. Even though it's the base model I don't care the 4" screen is a huge leap from the '03 ram pickup I've been driving forever, thing didn't even have a clock or heat.

My passion for cars and everything that goes along with it died when I sold my last stang. I'm stoked to have it reignited again and look forward to sharing my journey with y'all.

Great to reignite your passion. Just hold on to your wallet!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Now I have to find a boost leak that I can hear at WOT. Installed new cvf intercooler & charge pipes, tightened the clamps and moved one clamp. I will be looking at that again tonight! Ugh
any luck? i think im experiencing same..all my clamps needed re-tightening after a few mellow rides to heat them up. not sure i got all the right clamps-1 'small' for turbo, 3 'mediums', and 4 'large'. i needed 5 large= 4 for cold side +1 for hot side IC connection so im re-purposing stock worm clamp for time being. i finally pushed throttle today and hit 20psi boost but i think i can hear a hiss. also put airaid tube on at same time-kinda hoping the new sound is that since i read here that install changes the acoustics

·
Registered
39 Posts
any luck? i think im experiencing same..all my clamps needed re-tightening after a few mellow rides to heat them up. not sure i got all the right clamps-1 'small' for turbo, 3 'mediums', and 4 'large'. i needed 5 large= 4 for cold side +1 for hot side IC connection so im re-purposing stock worm clamp for time being. i finally pushed throttle today and hit 20psi boost but i think i can hear a hiss. also put airaid tube on at same time-kinda hoping the new sound is that since i read here that install changes the acoustics
I need to get down there a 4th time. It seems that this is an old issue with cvf intercooler + charge pipes installs. Found several posts, most people just keepd F-ing with it until it works or buy new clamps or used old ones or went back to stock on one side.
I cannot figure where my leak is coming from.
Embarrassing if other cars around and I go WOT or close, glad no 5.0s around when it trumpets lol
If I learn anything good if I ever fix it then I will find this post.
Prob look again this weekend.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hot side is a breeze .. in fact, was able to position in such a way so the ecu-controlled TS dual port BOV harness doesn't rub EVEN with a bigger air intake tube. the cold side takes patience.My experience with cold side. removing the IC cold side bolt so there is some wiggle is helpful. the 45degree silicone coupler small end goes on IC and the angle can be determined by lining up the pipe. if you push the pipe too far into the coupler, past the bend, the protruding lip will catch the cold air and want to work its way past the clamp. i fiddle with the TB coupler plenty too. first, i had pipe flush against TB so the clamp covered the CVF logo. didnt seem right. putting the pipe into coupler just enough so coupler doesn't reach the point when pipe begins downturn seems right. idk. i really like the CVF IC & charge pipe combo. i think there is a very small, maybe tiny, margin for error with the cold side and that can lead to unsuccess and frustration and dissatisfaction.

2401 - 2420 of 2506 Posts