Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2506 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
How is your actual AFR reading 0.00 it should read something like 9.xxxx or 10.xxxxx

·
Registered
157 Posts
I made a mess of this, but it was fun messing this up. I painted my radiator cover white with a rattle can paint job. Please pay the $200 to RPI Designs and save yourself time which =money. I believe this would be about $200.00 so I spent $60 in paint and countless hours sanding and painting and waiting for paint to dry. My base layer of paint was ok, but my clearcoat was the worst. I bought a can of adhesion promoter, primer, 2 cans of Duplicolor Oxford White, and the VHT clear engine paint (i think this might be the source of my problems). Well, when I used the clear it seems to find every day impurity in the air and added it to my work. Secondly, it began to wrinkle. So I sanded it tried it again and the clearcoat was a bust. After a week of curing I tried polishing it. There is only so much you can do to save a lousy job. The good clearcoat is not cheap, but I am sure its worth it, but this would put me at $100 of paint. So do the math, $200 is a great deal. The picture will not reveal my mistakes, but at least you could see what I was going for. By the way I did this about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I found wheels I really like.... I found a grabber blue with the same brushed titanium finish for color reference. but different rohana wheels here are some photos of my car before/after.

What do you guys think? I would get the same size so they fit where I am at now, not tucked in like the mustang s550 that has it.

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I found wheels I really like.... I found a grabber blue with the same brushed titanium finish for color reference. but different rohana wheels here are some photos of my car before/after.

What do you guys think? I would get the same size so they fit where I am at now, not tucked in like the mustang s550 that has it.
I think they will look great on your grabber blue.
The beauty of silver wheels, is they give a visual separation to the black tires, whereas black wheels blend both into one big blob. :)

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I made a mess of this, but it was fun messing this up. I painted my radiator cover white with a rattle can paint job. Please pay the $200 to RPI Designs and save yourself time which =money. I believe this would be about $200.00 so I spent $60 in paint and countless hours sanding and painting and waiting for paint to dry. My base layer of paint was ok, but my clearcoat was the worst. I bought a can of adhesion promoter, primer, 2 cans of Duplicolor Oxford White, and the VHT clear engine paint (i think this might be the source of my problems). Well, when I used the clear it seems to find every day impurity in the air and added it to my work. Secondly, it began to wrinkle. So I sanded it tried it again and the clearcoat was a bust. After a week of curing I tried polishing it. There is only so much you can do to save a lousy job. The good clearcoat is not cheap, but I am sure its worth it, but this would put me at $100 of paint. So do the math, $200 is a great deal. The picture will not reveal my mistakes, but at least you could see what I was going for. By the way I did this about 3 weeks ago.
The radiator top cover panel looks great in Oxford white to match your car.
Only thing I'd be worried about is marks from mechanic's greasy oily hands when doing a scheduled service. :)

I had the same problem when painting my engine cover using that VHT spray paint... Took forever to dry and cure, slowing down the process before I could apply the clear top coat.
I swear the paint was soft for at least a week before fully curing!

Reactions: LostSAAB

·
Registered
104 Posts
I made a mess of this, but it was fun messing this up. I painted my radiator cover white with a rattle can paint job...
you're always going to be your own worst critic. looks real good and worthwhile! even if you paid someone $200, it's not guaranteed your expectations would be met. personally, i don't see hobby time as money lost and there is intrinsic value in diy

·
Registered
611 Posts
I’m gonna call discount tire, see if they carry Rohana. Lol I trust them as they always take care of me and can mount them too but doubt they do

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yesterday we went for a top down drive in the nearby countryside, on what was probably the last nice day of the season. Today, I changed the oil and put the winter rubber on, just so it is done. I’ll be lucky if I put a couple hundred kilometres on the car by the end of the month anyway, which is when I would typically change them. Now for what COVID has done to my oil minder. The change in the spring of 2019 ran about 8K km and I think the minder got down to around 48%. The spring change was about 6K km and was around 50%. This change was a couple hundred kilometres short of 4K km and the minder was at 52%. This is what significantly less highway driving does to your oil, apparently! I thought about letting the oil go through the winter but if things pick up again that would have me changing it mid-season, and I don’t want to have to do that.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The radiator top cover panel looks great in Oxford white to match your car.
Only thing I'd be worried about is marks from mechanic's greasy oily hands when doing a scheduled service. :)

I had the same problem when painting my engine cover using that VHT spray paint... Took forever to dry and cure, slowing down the process before I could apply the clear top coat.
I swear the paint was soft for at least a week before fully curing!
Luckily I would be the guilty one. Luckily I usually do a quick once over when I wash my car. Trust me the pictures don't do justice to my hack job, but I do love the idea. Planning to get racing stripes and have the color continue inside the radiator cover. Just that I really need to do this one over.

·
Registered
188 Posts
New tires and Brembo Six Piston Performance pack brakes.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I made a mess of this, but it was fun messing this up. I painted my radiator cover white with a rattle can paint job. Please pay the $200 to RPI Designs and save yourself time which =money. I believe this would be about $200.00 so I spent $60 in paint and countless hours sanding and painting and waiting for paint to dry. My base layer of paint was ok, but my clearcoat was the worst. I bought a can of adhesion promoter, primer, 2 cans of Duplicolor Oxford White, and the VHT clear engine paint (i think this might be the source of my problems). Well, when I used the clear it seems to find every day impurity in the air and added it to my work. Secondly, it began to wrinkle. So I sanded it tried it again and the clearcoat was a bust. After a week of curing I tried polishing it. There is only so much you can do to save a lousy job. The good clearcoat is not cheap, but I am sure its worth it, but this would put me at $100 of paint. So do the math, $200 is a great deal. The picture will not reveal my mistakes, but at least you could see what I was going for. By the way I did this about 3 weeks ago. View attachment 37841
Looks good. Your problems likely came from mixing the Dupli color base with the vht clear. The vht probably reacted adversely with the base layer. You probably could have gotten away with dupli color clear there instead of the high heat. When possible, always use paints from the same families.

Reactions: LostSAAB

·
Registered
933 Posts
Tore apart my trunk over the weekend to find the rattle. Sure enough, the stud fell off my rear wing. I got it out of the trunk, loctited it, and went to reinstall it. Then dropped it down into the abyss. It's now in the depths of my trunk lid no where to be found, but at least it no longer rattles. Found some metric all thread rod and made a new stud (extra suzuki parts) and carefully installed it. I'll leave the carpet off for a while and see if it finds its way out.

I then finally pulled the trigger and removed my stripes. I feel a little silly buying the wheel and stripe pack and no longer having either installed, but I guess hindsight truly is 20/20. Then gave it a good cleanup along with my ranger. And then it rained. Story of my life.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks good. Your problems likely came from mixing the Dupli color base with the vht clear. The vht probably reacted adversely with the base layer. You probably could have gotten away with dupli color clear there instead of the high heat. When possible, always use paints from the same families.
Thanks for the tip! I guess back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Here it is!! E85 for dayyyzzzzz!!!
Be aware that @WatchMyEco blew TWO stock turbos trying to push too much HP using this pump and E85, with his custom tune from Ryan. I know you have the PTE, but its something you should definitely discuss with Ryan. On his latest vid, watchmyeco upgraded to a drop in CT Comp turbo.

On the flipside, he says he had spent some time down in Mexico 'gapping people' with his E85 tune before the turbos blew. :p Was not aware that street racing was such a big thing "down in Mexico". LOL.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Be aware that @WatchMyEco blew TWO stock turbos trying to push too much HP using this pump and E85, with his custom tune from Ryan. I know you have the PTE, but its something you should definitely discuss with Ryan. On his latest vid, watchmyeco upgraded to a drop in CT Comp turbo.

On the flipside, he says he had spent some time down in Mexico 'gapping people' with his E85 tune before the turbos blew. Was not aware that street racing was such a big thing "down in Mexico". LOL.
The PTE kit can handle something like 520 HP. I'm quite aways from.hittimg that number. I'm more concerned with my engine once I go E85... I'm also still on stock injectors.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Isn’t that always the way?
More than I'd like to admit ha. Misplaced tools are another one. I used to make fun of my dad all the time for setting down tools and not being able to find them. Now, all I do is hunt for tools I just had in my hand ha.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
The PTE kit can handle something like 520 HP. I'm quite aways from.hittimg that number. I'm more concerned with my engine once I go E85... I'm also still on stock injectors.
500+ whp by watchmyeco on his latest video. Stock injectors. But remember, his engine is fully rebuilt. New gasket. New studs. New Pistons. I can't even imagine what it'd would be like to gap a V8. :LOL:This is pretty cool, and I'm sure you're excited. His next mod is injectors. He's heading to FL2K at Bradenton Motorsports, so I'm sure he'll have some vids of his races real soon.

PS - He had to install a 5bar MAP sensor in order to push boost over 30.

2421 - 2440 of 2506 Posts