Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2597 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Strange. May have something to do with your previous tune problems. And the OAR instantly going to -1 ??

·
Registered
691 Posts
I mean she rips on my current tune. Hopefully this doesn’t mean I have impending doom. I’m gonna drive around warm car up, then clear kam one more time. See if does same thing
Blah

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hopefully this wasn’t caused from me using the Cobb tune, because it wouldn’t run for crap. Didn’t cause any permanent damage or something it was so gimped I cannot imagine it could of damaged it

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hopefully this wasn’t caused from me using the Cobb tune, because it wouldn’t run for crap. Didn’t cause any permanent damage or something it was so gimped I cannot imagine it could of damaged it
Hopefully the car is ok and that number is leftover from the tune problems, especially since they are exactly the same numbers. If it was knocking bad I would expect that number to keep going up (but that is only my guess).
Stuff like that drives me crazy. I did a lot of searching for an explanation of those cylinder knock parameters and came up empty.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Instant -1.00 oar yeah hopefully Cobb thing didn’t fuck me lol

there’s no noises ticking pinging anything
I mean the second engine turned in it was 4 and 1

not even long enough to even register

·
Registered
691 Posts
I’m wiping all the fault codes right now. God who knows how long I’ve had them if they was from flashing back and fourth etc

hopefully all, or some of them don’t come back

I had over 30 codes, every module on car was basically INOP

I just wiped them all, only one code keeps comint back its my apim saying somethings incompatible. Whatever don’t care. I changed ton of forescan settings in apim for audio stuff and added new acm and subwoofer

not sure what settings apim I change can’t remember but nothing important

gonna clear kam again now and drive around

see how many come
Back and maybe knock went away permanently

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am so happy I got this tool, had no idea I had all those faults I just scanned after the hour and only one code, apim. Whatever we don’t care about that. Kinda wish I knew what was off but no biggie

I mean literally, everything was faulted and inop bcm abs,airbags rtc

nothing was functioning. I never knew those codes existed. It had to be from flashing back and fourth between Cobb and ford perf allthose times

so my ford perf dongle didn’t work last time I tried, saying error no matching hardware. About to try and hook up in few mins. Part of me thinks it won’t work because I did flash my abs hardware with gt Firmware so maybe the software isn’t going to match

but I cleared the codes saying nothing was operating bcm pcm ecm faults unable to connect

fingers crossed. Hour of driving around, it is ripping! Normal mode feels like my old sport and track kode

the 4 knock and 1 knock and all those errors had to have me gimped. She’s literally flying. More force into my seats and it was smoother power band after I shifted than before

·
Registered
38 Posts
You can relax now knowing it will be right when it comes out of winter hibernation!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Appreciate your help very much, all of you.

my car without a doubt wasn’t at full performance with those perm knocks. Feels like a whole new car. All those codes had car in a limpish mode

ford perf won’t connect. Says abs module firmware doesn’t match, no big deal whatever I’m already flashed

if I ever want to go to stock abs module dealership said $100 they can make abs as built using their ids machine if I ever decided that route

·
Registered
938 Posts
Woke up with 2 inches of snow yesterday with the salt trucks making their rounds. It would appear that my driving season is over. Ironically, it's supposed to be 65 the rest of the week. That gives me time to get it cleaned up and ready for storage. Now just have to prepare myself for 5 months of depression.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Good to see its all sorted but You know that the Cobb access port can read clear and reset the ECU as well right? Just putting it out there for others.

2521 - 2540 of 2597 Posts