Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2541 - 2560 of 2597 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost
16 Posts
Swapped steering wheels from the crappy plastic Ecoboost base to leather from a GT. Found a nice one on eBay from a 2018 GT with 5k for 68 bucks (anyone on here? hehe)

Installed the Tri-Ax Street short throw shifter and shifter base bushing bracket kit.

Swapped in the Steeda clutch spring.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah. The base steering wheel material feels terrible. One of the changes I'll be making. The vaguely-soft plastic wheel on my beater dodge feels better.

·
Super Moderator
3,271 Posts
Swapped steering wheels from the crappy plastic Ecoboost base to leather from a GT. Found a nice one on eBay from a 2018 GT with 5k for 68 bucks (anyone on here? hehe)
Yeah. The base steering wheel material feels terrible. One of the changes I'll be making. The vaguely-soft plastic wheel on my beater dodge feels better.
The steering wheel on my 13 Scion tC >>> stomps my eco premium wheel. Quite sad really, or impressive how nice the tC wheel actually is
That's why I wrapped mine in leather myself.

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost
16 Posts
That's why I wrapped mine in leather myself.

Looks good! I was looking to do a wrap until I ran across that steering wheel on eBay, 70 bucks seemed like a pretty good deal for a mint leather one. The GT wheel isn’t perfect but it’s definitely an upgrade over the plastic eco. The swap was really easy as well, less than an hour start to finish. It was the bare wheel so I had to swap my buttons, airbag etc over. Ive done swaps on previous vehicles that took hours so this was cake.

Now the shifter was a PITA. Ive never seen a linkage setup under the car like the Mustang has. Having an universal joint socket extension saved me some time getting around the driveshaft/exhaust.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Can't beat a GT350R steering wheel TBH

Reactions: JAKE

·
Registered
691 Posts
Since I got new wheels and rims got a alignment. I have adjustable camber plates but they’ve never been moved in any alignments. Lol but whatever.

are these specs good for my tire wear? I have 285/35/19 dsw06’s squared. the rear thrust angle is 0.02, is that ok? I read online it should always be 0.00

it’s a daily driver, mpg andtire wear are my priorities. I just drive highway 99% of time

·
Super Moderator
6,183 Posts
Put the Monkey on a trailer and drug him down to Road Atlanta for an ARRC and National Time Trial events

Reactions: zhent and Bill_B

·
Super Moderator
3,271 Posts
Since I got new wheels and rims got a alignment. I have adjustable camber plates but they’ve never been moved in any alignments. Lol but whatever.

are these specs good for my tire wear? I have 285/35/19 dsw06’s squared. the rear thrust angle is 0.02, is that ok? I read online it should always be 0.00

it’s a daily driver, mpg andtire wear are my priorities. I just drive highway 99% of time
The numbers look good for tire wear, though yes, I would insist that thrust angle be set to zero and, since you have camber plates, I would ask for more negative up front. It all depends on how you drive the car and what you use it for, but a bit more negative camber up front won't hurt anything.

·
Super Moderator
3,271 Posts
How bad is 0.02?
It's not terrible, but our suspension is adjustable, they should be able to get that out. If they can't you need to find a better shop for your alignment.

·
Super Moderator
3,271 Posts
Will it eat my beautiful new tires or I’m fine though for most part?
It'll be fine on the tires. Not off enough to cause issues. Most tire wear is from excess toe.

Reactions: JAKE
2541 - 2560 of 2597 Posts