Registered
2,298 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,271 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
That is one of the more immaculate looking engine bays on this forum. Could you describe your steps or your secret sauce?
I rinsed it with water, and have a little thing on the hose that shoots soap. I use gentle water pressure, water just rolls off stuff. then I use a leaf blower lol

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I rinsed it with water, and have a little thing on the hose that shoots soap. I use gentle water pressure, water just rolls off stuff. then I use a leaf blower lol
Do you cover anything up so it doesn't get wet, or nah? Just use gentle pressure and you're all good?

·
Registered
691 Posts
imo cars get rained on all the time. dont blast water into anything just let it trickle down, engine cover etc fuse covers etc all protest what it needs to do. always do it while engines dead cold. dont ever shoot water onto hot engines. ive never had any issue with engines electronics. I do not do this often. like twice a year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Got a new car show buddy

·
Registered
250 Posts
Jumped it again. Have it on a float charger but apparently the radio was left on? Something is up - I havent driven it in a a week, so it's just sat in the garage on the charger. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
194 Posts
Finished up reinstalling all my aftermarket stuff, like the blank rear deck lid. Found a section of cooked plastic wire loom under the engine cover, passenger side near the metal upper coolant section. Maybe 4 inches above the turbo manifold heat shield. Squeezed it and it crumbled to pieces. Removed the remaining plastic loom, replacing it with new & wrapped in in heat shield tape. Hoping this was the source of the hot plastic smell I get after moderately aggressive driving. Was going to do some paint touch-up, but realized the ebay seller sent me Nissan black:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Finished up reinstalling all my aftermarket stuff, like the blank rear deck lid. Found a section of cooked plastic wire loom under the engine cover, passenger side near the metal upper coolant section. Maybe 4 inches above the turbo manifold heat shield. Squeezed it and it crumbled to pieces. Removed the remaining plastic loom, replacing it with new & wrapped in in heat shield tape. Hoping this was the source of the hot plastic smell I get after moderately aggressive driving. Was going to do some paint touch-up, but realized the ebay seller sent me Nissan black:rolleyes:
Same with mine. This is the wire for your cylinder temp gage. I used Tessa tape. It’s held up just fine.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
194 Posts
Well, I fiddled with the DV+ late last night & again this morning. What's happening is either the brass piston is getting hung up or I've got it mounted a little off-center and it's not sealing. I hear a boost leak under low to moderate throttle. If I give it a bit more gas, the leak hiss goes away and I sort of get full boost pressure. Thinking I'll get some fine emery cloth and give the piston a rub down, re-lube it & see if that helps.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Finished up reinstalling all my aftermarket stuff, like the blank rear deck lid. Found a section of cooked plastic wire loom under the engine cover, passenger side near the metal upper coolant section. Maybe 4 inches above the turbo manifold heat shield. Squeezed it and it crumbled to pieces. Removed the remaining plastic loom, replacing it with new & wrapped in in heat shield tape. Hoping this was the source of the hot plastic smell I get after moderately aggressive driving. Was going to do some paint touch-up, but realized the ebay seller sent me Nissan black

after reading your post this morning I looked under the hood, were the wires you found inside in a corrugated covering ? I have a small horizontal heat shield protecting those wires. I’m not having a problem but curious.

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
194 Posts
Finished up reinstalling all my aftermarket stuff, like the blank rear deck lid. Found a section of cooked plastic wire loom under the engine cover, passenger side near the metal upper coolant section. Maybe 4 inches above the turbo manifold heat shield. Squeezed it and it crumbled to pieces. Removed the remaining plastic loom, replacing it with new & wrapped in in heat shield tape. Hoping this was the source of the hot plastic smell I get after moderately aggressive driving. Was going to do some paint touch-up, but realized the ebay seller sent me Nissan black

after reading your post this morning I looked under the hood, were the wires you found inside in a corrugated covering ? I have a small horizontal heat shield protecting those wires. I’m not having a problem but curious.
Really? Can you snap a pic of the shield when/if you can? I'll take a pic of my shade-tree fix, lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Finished up reinstalling all my aftermarket stuff
Plus it was looking like nobody really wanted to buy my used parts.
fwiw .. i really considered the boomba trans mount .. i hem and haw a lot esp. considering i have an A10 and not a Manual trans. if anyone with A10 trans. has this and a positive experience, lmk, black friday sale combined w/ my highly suggestible personality and boredom are the perfect storm for a purchase ;)

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
194 Posts
fwiw .. i really considered the boomba trans mount .. i hem and haw a lot esp. considering i have an A10 and not a Manual trans. if anyone with A10 trans. has this and a positive experience, lmk, black friday sale combined w/ my highly suggestible personality and boredom are the perfect storm for a purchase ;)
Lol, I actually just removed the Boomba...and redirected the Accessport I was waiting for. I just can't resist the temptation to search out a V8. This'll be the 3rd time I've done the back & forth, removing & installing my mods. Should get around to reposting in the parts for sale section soon enough.

LMK is you'd like the Boomba. It will solidify your paddle shifts when you're feelin sporty😈. Makes for a more visceral experience.

2561 - 2580 of 2597 Posts