Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2601 - 2620 of 2662 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
For anyone following my sad tale, here's what I just received from the pickup driver's insurance company; "We have been able to secure a statement from our insured and have accepted liability for the accident..." Well, wadaya know? 'Looks like I'll be able to keep the old girl after all! Once all's said and done, I think I'll treat her to a catch can.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
For anyone following my sad tale, here's what I just received from the pickup driver's insurance company; "We have been able to secure a statement from our insured and have accepted liability for the accident..." Well, wadaya know? 'Looks like I'll be able to keep the old girl after all! Once all's said and done, I think I'll treat her to a catch can.
Let's hope his insurance doesn't total the car... Good luck with getting her fixed up.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Let's hope his insurance doesn't total the car... Good luck with getting her fixed up.
Assumimg they do, if I can have a warm-fuzzy that the basic chassis hasn't been compromised, I'll just buy it back and have my own body shop do the work. They've already signed-on with a body shop of my choice, so that shouldn't be too hard to work around. I know it gets the whole salvage title crap going, but I have no intention of ever selling the car. "Never say never" blah-blah-blah.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
View attachment 38188

Just put new shoes on her. Went with 275 30 19 and 4 wheel alignment.

All in inc fitting balancing alignment valves and tyre disposal. $626 Aud.
Are those the performance pack wheels?? Always looking for new tire sizes besides the 255 50 19's it came with.

·
Registered
634 Posts
255 40 19 is stock PP tyres

The 275 30 are on my PP wheels now

I good tyre fitter could get 285 on them apparently

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
219 Posts
Traded it:whistle: New & old. It was bitter sweet, but the deal was too good to pass on.

Thought to myself, "Maybe I'm actually starting to grow up a little?"

Nah:p

The cycle begins again;)
IMG_20201205_114932761_HDR.jpg IMG_20201205_144852943_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Finally managed to buy a chrome oil cap to match the other chrome caps in my engine bay. :)
(Hard to find, as most that are available are made to fit the GT and not the Eco).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Traded it:whistle: New & old. It was bitter sweet, but the deal was too good to pass on.

Thought to myself, "Maybe I'm actually starting to grow up a little?"

Nah:p

The cycle begins again;)
View attachment 38226 View attachment 38227
Ah, the joy of a new car!

I actually dumped my 2019 GLI, waited a few months, then picked up the Mustang. While I hope you enjoy the VW, I found the Mustang to be a much more refined, comfortable, and quieter vehicle.

But I’m also old. :lol:

·
Registered
2016 EcoBoost - Auto
219 Posts
It's going to take some getting used to, that's for sure. I can barely see the hood! The DSG was something I'd read about as being odd & quirky. Not what I experienced in any way. Shifts in D were way smoother than expected, with the paddle shifts in manual mode being toggle-like, instantaneous. Haven't tried Sport mode yet.

Four doors and the hatch are another aspect I'd missed from my FiST. Now I can haul my Pivot Firebird and ride trails someplace other than the mountain preserve a mile and a half away. When my parents next visit from out of state, someday, we won't need to get a rental. They're seniors.

As far as mods for the GTi, thinking a moderately audible catback, stiffer rear dogbone & maybe some slightly wider, lightweight 16" rims/tires. OCC asap.

I still read stuff on the FiST forum & will be sticking around here as well. Great group of enthusiasts behind the Eco.

Reactions: JAKE

·
Registered
634 Posts
Makes it look alot cleaner

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang 6MT HPP/HP
67 Posts
I actually got around to posting this today after doing the work on Saturday, When I put on the Borla exhaust with adjustable exhaust, I found the stock exhaust had heat shields welded to the exhaust pipes.

The heat shields protect the u-joint just in front of the differential. Borla does not have this. So I added some heat wrap to protect the u-joint.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Picked up this officially licensed Ford Mustang leather steering wheel cover.
Only cost AUD $13, so nothing to lose and worth a try.
Feels great and fits like a glove with no movement once fitted to the wheel. :)

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Car is back at the house. I'm slowly accumulating parts for when the engine is finished. Housemate has an F-150 that we'll use to pick up the engine in... Hopefully we'll be heading down to TN sometime late Jan or early Feb to pick it up. Probably have it in the car in about a weekend project 6-9 hours with help. The first startup will be scary.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I finally got around to installing some interior leather upgrades from Redline Goods. I got a new shift boot, ebrake cover and armrest cover. I absolutely love them and they look exactly as I would imagine them. However, unless you love to curse, buyer beware, this is not a swap and replace bing, bang, boom install. There is a video from CJ Pony Parts that kind of go through the process for the shifter and the ebrake for a different product. He is right it will take about an hour so do 3 of these and you are easily looking at three hours. try doing this and decorate the Christmas tree and other things on the honey do list and yes it will take a while (2 days). Is it worth the trouble? Absolutely! Will it be a pain? Yes indeed! For the shifter boot you basically have to break a few parts and glue them back together. Instructions weren't too clear and there are a few fine details no one ever mentioned that would have helped me knock this out a little quicker. If I have time I may come back and add some pointers. The short story is I went to move the car and couldn't go in reverse. I didn't put humpty dumpty together right and I had to leave and had to remove my shifter knob and pull the lock from under the leather boot and put the ball back and get on my way. Came back home gave it another good college try and rebroke what I glued back together. So it looks better, but to be continued. The ebrake is on a touch tight and I didn't reinstall it back to 100% but not sure if it always looked like that or I just don't got what it takes. As far as the armrest you are basically reupholstering the armrest. What stinks is that the pleather piece you are replacing is vinyl backed with a thin layer of foam. Your leather doesn't have this. Redline offers an option to add a thicker pad, but I think they should have included the thin foam or told you to add it since when you put the leather armrest it now shows certain bumps and holes on the base plastic exposed armrest. Not a deal breaker, but at 8:00 pm you can't run to your local fabric store and add it to your mod. I almost think you might be able to simply go right over the pleather armrest. There seemed to be enough leather, but too late to even consider now that I ripped it off. In hind sight I should have cut this down to size glued it to the armrest and then go to town. They say you can attach this with adhesive or staples. Do yourself a favor and use both. I had a stapler gun but my staples seemed a bit too thick to properly stay in the plastic under the leather. This is where the adhesive comes in. By the time my staples loosened the adhesive was able to stick. By the way, upholstery is no fun. All in all I would do this again and when I have some extra cash I would definitely consider replacing the headrest, kneepad cover, steering wheel and the door insert. Here are some classy cellphone pics:
20201213_141658.jpg
20201213_141658.jpg
20201213_141804.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
They're doing it! The quote comes in right around 10 grand. The body shop said they'd let me know once they get the quarters cut off, so I'll snap some pictures.

2601 - 2620 of 2662 Posts