Ford Mustang Ecoboost Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2662 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not much, just CPE intercooler, turbo smart BOV, Ford performance strut tower amd some Roush style winglets!
0174C6BD-C98C-4000-A40F-EDCC69FB7FC1.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger last friday and bought the MBRP race XP exhaust. Came in today and when i got home immediately went to putting it on. OMG what a difference. Sounds really good. Way deeper gives that little rumble while driving i can feel inside. And heel/toe deceleration with my 6speed sounds awesome now. I couldn't be happier with the tone. A good friend also agrees that it sounds great. I was hoping for a little louder with the same tone. I do plan on a downpipe with high flow cat in the next month. I think it will likely give me that. Either way. I'm glad i pulled this trigger.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger last friday and bought the MBRP race XP exhaust. Came in today and when i got home immediately went to putting it on. OMG what a difference. Sounds really good. Way deeper gives that little rumble while driving i can feel inside. And heel/toe deceleration with my 6speed sounds awesome now. I couldn't be happier with the tone. A good friend also agrees that it sounds great. I was hoping for a little louder with the same tone. I do plan on a downpipe with high flow cat in the next month. I think it will likely give me that. Either way. I'm glad i pulled this trigger.
I bought the "Street” and thought the same thing that maybe a little louder would be better. As you put in more miles it will continue to open up and you will grin even more. It makes the car so much better. Give it a little more character.

·
Registered
724 Posts
They're doing it! The quote comes in right around 10 grand. The body shop said they'd let me know once they get the quarters cut off, so I'll snap some pictures.
Apparantly, the rear quarters and other items pushed the repair bill to just over 14 grand, so the insurance company is going to total the car. Piss on 'em! I'm taking their payoff and repairing the car. If anyone's interested, I'll be posting pictures sometime next week once the quarters get cut off. This'll go into my build thread at Nater Potater's Build Thread

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ordered the Ford Performance Calibration Kit from Brandon Ford this morning. Expected to ship today, and install by early next week

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ordered the Ford Performance Calibration Kit from Brandon Ford this morning. Expected to ship today, and install by early next week
Sweet. It really makes a difference. I very rarely drive in sport+ or track mode anymore since i did mine months ago. Before, switching to those modes was the first thing i did after starting my car.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Sweet. It really makes a difference. I very rarely drive in sport+ or track mode anymore since i did mine months ago. Before, switching to those modes was the first thing i did after starting my car.
Haha. Same. I'm always in Sport with my FP tune. It's exactly how I want the car to be.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thats great to hear, I wanted a tune that I could wring out the last little bit of warranty with, and that seemed to be the only choice. Out of curiosity, how does it affect sport + and track/ drag modes?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thats great to hear, I wanted a tune that I could wring out the last little bit of warranty with, and that seemed to be the only choice. Out of curiosity, how does it affect sport + and track/ drag modes?
I have a 6mt so didn't affect the modes except a noticeable increase in base power being felt in throttle response. But in the automatic it greatly helps the shift points from what i hear

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost
25 Posts
Traded it:whistle: New & old. It was bitter sweet, but the deal was too good to pass on.

Thought to myself, "Maybe I'm actually starting to grow up a little?"

Nah:p

The cycle begins again;)
View attachment 38226 View attachment 38227
Nice! I came from a 2017 GTI SE DSG. There are definitely things I miss about that car, the cost of aftermarket parts is not one of them though. Enjoy that german car markup :cool:

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost
25 Posts
Does Ford have to install that in order for the warranty to be intact?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree. Generally I do drop into “S” on the transmission, but I like the more aggressive downshifts too. I’ll use S+ when I’m feeling sporty, but it performs great in “normal” mode.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 6mt so didn't affect the modes except a noticeable increase in base power being felt in throttle response. But in the automatic it greatly helps the shift points from what i hear
It does improve the already excellent shifting on the automatic. In S+ it’s pretty aggressive and the downshifts are very much in character with the overall performance. I love this car!

·
Registered
2015 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3T/6A with aftermarket PP.
350 Posts
did a burnout on my 2 year old Toyo Celsius All weather snow tires just to see if my limited slip is working fine. you be the judge lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Finally installed my NGK iridiums this morning , gapped at .28. Car started right up and held idle, no codes. Expect to get the call that the tune has arrived at the dealership on Monday, so I wanted to get the plugs in now to save having to do more work during the tune break in period. Also ordered:
Amazon.com: Ford Performance Door Sill Step Plates for 2015-2018 Mustang: Automotive for some interior dress up

And

Amazon.com: SXhhqhsm 2 pcs Car Styling Accessories Zinc Alloy Emblem Badge Decal Fender Side Sticker Apply to for Ford (Racing): Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Plan here is to mount one of these to the front of the engine cover and secure them with screws/nuts to dress up a little and secure them beyond the 3m adhesive as I wouldnt want the adhesive to come loose and drop that down into the belts.

She still has a long way to go to be ready to show, need to do some more dress up ( new Billet kit ) and replace the stock airbox cover to get rid of the scratches that are there, then do some wiring cleanup and what not, but she's getting there.

Reactions: hoppyjr

·
Registered
634 Posts
I installed a set if new front pads. Nothing special some fast road performance pads apparently. I bought them as they were on special a few months ago and I knew I was coming up to needing them changed as the last 105k service said I was about to hear the squeal bars in about 1000k.

So brakes should be pretty easy to change in a PP, except if your me and have the bad luck of having the only set of pads machined about a mm to big and get one stuck putting it in on the passenger side. Yes the calliper pots were wound all the way back. Had to split the calliper to get the pad free enough to move back the few mm to re engage the pin. This splits the line and you get air in the brake line. Needed to bleed the brakes, but literally couldn't be arsed at this point. Now living in South Australia there are very few places open until next week coz its summer holidays. Eventually found a place to bleed them while I did an escape room. So happy days

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I installed a set if new front pads. Nothing special some fast road performance pads apparently. I bought them as they were on special a few months ago and I knew I was coming up to needing them changed as the last 105k service said I was about to hear the squeal bars in about 1000k.

So brakes should be pretty easy to change in a PP, except if your me and have the bad luck of having the only set of pads machined about a mm to big and get one stuck putting it in on the passenger side. Yes the calliper pots were wound all the way back. Had to split the calliper to get the pad free enough to move back the few mm to re engage the pin. This splits the line and you get air in the brake line. Needed to bleed the brakes, but literally couldn't be arsed at this point. Now living in South Australia there are very few places open until next week coz its summer holidays. Eventually found a place to bleed them while I did an escape room. So happy days
I bled my brakes earlier last year. This tool was absolutely fabulous in making it a easy, one man operation.

Motive Products 0100 Pressure Brake Bleeder, Wilwood Master Cylinder | eBay

2621 - 2640 of 2662 Posts