2641 - 2660 of 2671 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Reactions: gatornek

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
Bought these "Wheel glides" to stop the water hose getting snagged around the tires when washing the Mustang. Only $10 a pair.
Simply slip in front of the tires before washing.
The spindles on the front rotate when the hose touches them.
No more cursing and walking back to the front of the car to unsnag. :)

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Didn't know Wilwood had the same cap as our master cylinders. That's good to know!
Tbh, I just did a quick google search for “motive power bleeder” without checking for the appropriate cap. That was the gist of my reply. But the part number for our Mustangs is easily found on their website.

You should’ve seen my scorched brake fluid. It was bad. It was nice to get sone nice caramel cooor back in there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just some under hood and interior dress up: Please excuse the Dog hair, she needs a bath inside and out ATM.

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Registered
83 Posts
Had my Ford Performance tune installed. Dealer did not give me the tune file or the pro cal app, so I’m reaching out to Ford

Reactions: gatornek

·
Registered
83 Posts
What are your impressions of the tune?
Well, to be honest. I havent broken in it yet, so I am sure that my impressions are biased. I work from home, and dont drive much during the week. That said, when highway driving home from the dealer, I was able to hit and maintain 20 lbs of boost @70 mph when i accelerated to pass a slower car with literally zero effort. I am sure that after it breaks in ( I'm only about 25 miles in ) it will be tons better. After the initial install though I did have some low speed sluggishness and stumbling at first. Im chalking this up to the car relearning, so I'm not overly concerned yet. no apparent knock, and OAR is slowly coming up. I only run 93 octane , so i expect that will be quickly adjusted back to the -1.00 ( or i guess +1.00 now) level.

Reactions: Nater Potater

·
Super Moderator
6,227 Posts
Tbh, I just did a quick google search for “motive power bleeder” without checking for the appropriate cap. That was the gist of my reply. But the part number for our Mustangs is easily found on their website.

You should’ve seen my scorched brake fluid. It was bad. It was nice to get sone nice caramel cooor back in there.
I'll check the website out. My friend uses one of those at the track when he swaps to his track/street pads. Does a quick bleed and he's off to the races!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Replaced the driver side visor. The original went dead a couple weeks ago, and since the map lights and the passenger visor had power knew it wasn't a fuse. Hoped that it was the visor itself and not the wiring to it.
Got a replacement off ebay and it came 3 days early.
Not a difficult thing to replace, pop the plastic cap off, compress the metal clip and it releases the visor so you can pull it out. But the clip stayed behind up in the header so have to fish it out through the little access hole with one finger. After an hour finally managed to get it out and it was broken.

$5 for a replacement at the dealer - couldn't find anything the same size anywhere. Went back together smoothly after getting the new clip, and programmed the homelink again.

If you ever have to replace a visor, this is the part you will need. Easy to break during disassembly so save yourself time and get it ahead of time.

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost
25 Posts
Swapped spoliers. My eBay "carbon fiber" spoiler had developed a crack that seemed to slowly be getting worse and it was right on top in plain view. Went with the MMD by Foose pre-painted from American Muscle. Black is on backorder so I went with the matching race red. The color match, fit and finish were spot on. I should have went this direction in the beginning. I didn't particularly enjoy drilling holes in my trunk, but the process is pretty straight forward if you take your time and pay attention. Hardest part was taking the old spoiler off. I had used the adhesive promotor so it was STUCK. Grabbed a heat gun and heated it up, used fishing line to cut the adhesive. Combination of alcohol and a little elbow grease took the remaining adhesive off. Extremely happy with the results.

Old:

New:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do the Foose spoilers not match up to the factory spoiler holes? I've been contemplating the V series spoiler for a little while but wasnt sure, I'll already have to get the spoiler ceramics to match the rest of the car, so I've been holding off, but drilling new holes is a deal breaker.

Swapped spoliers. My eBay "carbon fiber" spoiler had developed a crack that seemed to slowly be getting worse and it was right on top in plain view. Went with the MMD by Foose pre-painted from American Muscle. Black is on backorder so I went with the matching race red. The color match, fit and finish were spot on. I should have went this direction in the beginning. I didn't particularly enjoy drilling holes in my trunk, but the process is pretty straight forward if you take your time and pay attention. Hardest part was taking the old spoiler off. I had used the adhesive promotor so it was STUCK. Grabbed a heat gun and heated it up, used fishing line to cut the adhesive. Combination of alcohol and a little elbow grease took the remaining adhesive off. Extremely happy with the results.

Old:
View attachment 38595

New:
View attachment 38592

View attachment 38594

View attachment 38596

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost
25 Posts
They do, my car didnt have a spoiler when new. The ebay spoiler was a stick on so I had to drill holes for this one.

Do the Foose spoilers not match up to the factory spoiler holes? I've been contemplating the V series spoiler for a little while but wasnt sure, I'll already have to get the spoiler ceramics to match the rest of the car, so I've been holding off, but drilling new holes is a deal breaker.

2641 - 2660 of 2671 Posts